[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fear the Vikings WR Corps(e)

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that's pretty good for a 4th year WR who ought to be coming into his prime to be comparable to a rookie WR.

:D

Also keep in mind that he was the 5th WR while Baskett was the 3rd WR on his team...I'm not saying McMullen is good, but don't know that it was that bad a trade for the Vikings - McMullen also played pretty well on special teams.

Also keep in mind that he was the 5th WR while Baskett was the 3rd WR on his team...I'm not saying McMullen is good, but don't know that it was that bad a trade for the Vikings - McMullen also played pretty well on special teams.

We'll see in the years to come. I'm sure he was aquired for his knowledge of the system. But, he wasn't called "stone hands" McMullen for nothing! :D

Also, Hank was the 4th WR for the Eagles. The amazing GLew was the 3rd. And, according to the Viklings depth chart, McMullen was the #3 in Minny link.

Edited by The Next Generation

We'll see in the years to come. I'm sure he was aquired for his knowledge of the system. But, he wasn't called "stone hands" McMullen for nothing! :D

Also, Hank was the 4th WR for the Eagles. The amazing GLew was the 3rd.

Actually, the rookie Baskett outproduced G Lewis last season. That's something a 3rd year McMullen couldn't come close to the previous year.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Also, Hank was the 4th WR for the Eagles. The amazing GLew was the 3rd. And, according to the Viklings depth chart, McMullen was the #3 in Minny link.

That was after they cut Marcus Robinson and when Bethel was hurt.

Yes, so put him in a position to play and he can put up numbers similar to (or better than) Baskett...

(I can't believe I am arguing for the Vikings 3rd WR - :D )

Umm...no, that isn't justifiable from the numbers I've seen. Baskett averaged 21.1 yds/catch, stone-hands averaged 13.3...BIG difference. Everything being equal, Baskett > McMullen, sorry.

While I'm not going to argue how good Mcmullen is, I remember watching some Eagles games last year and seeing Baskett dropping a few passes right in his hands on several occasions. Don't think he's quite proved himself either.

While I'm not going to argue how good Mcmullen is, I remember watching some Eagles games last year and seeing Baskett dropping a few passes right in his hands on several occasions. Don't think he's quite proved himself either.

Proved...hmmm, so subjective. I think he proved that as a rookie in a new system he is better than a 4-year WR in the same system, which is what we were comparing.

Yeah, but to throw in a wrinkle the Eagles had McNabb and Garcia throwing Baskett the ball and the Vikings had Brad Johnson and Tarvaris Jackson in his first 2 games. :D

You don't really want to see McMullen's numbers when McNabb was throwing him the ball do you? Or when he was a rookie? :D

You don't really want to see McMullen's numbers when McNabb was throwing him the ball do you? Or when he was a rookie? :D

How the hell was he supposed to break into the lineup those years with Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell ahead of him? :D

Looks like we can add Bobby Wade to this esteemed list. :D

From Strib - http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Wade signed

Tuesday, March 6th, 2007 by Kevin Seifert

The Vikings just wrapped up contract negotiations with WR Bobby Wade, who spent most of today visiting Winter Park. Coach Brad Childress said he envisions Wade as a slot receiver and said that Wade also wants to be involved in the kickoff and punt return teams.

Wade joins a receiver group that includes veteran holdovers Troy Williamson and Billy McMullen. The Vikings will continue to look for available receivers throughout the offseason, Childress said, and they have not ruled themselves out of the sweepstakes for WR Kevin Curtis.

Curtis visited over the weekend but fired agent Tom Condon during a trip to Detroit. He likely will not resume negotiations until next week.

Yeah, but to throw in a wrinkle the Eagles had McNabb and Garcia throwing Baskett the ball and the Vikings had Brad Johnson and Tarvaris Jackson in his first 2 games. :D

Could have sworn Brad Johnson has a big, shiny ring on his finger when the other two whom you mentioned don't...

That has to be the sh!ttiest wr corp i've seen in awhile.

Tennessee is pretty close...pretty much in the same boat as us.

Coach Jeff Fisher said he thinks it's crucial that the Titans retain at least one of their two wide receivers heading for free agency — Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade. Bennett led the Titans with 46 catches last season, while Wade was second with 33.

"It would be huge for us," Fisher said. "We're in discussions with Drew and we'll just see where it goes. Both of them indicated to us that they want to come back. They're both great in the locker room, but Bobby is exceptional. He's a very popular guy who's made a lot of plays for us."

If the Titans lose Bennett and Wade, Brandon Jones would rank as the lead receiver. The second and third spots would be up for grabs as the Titans sift through free-agent possibilities and potential draft picks in a solid class of receivers.

I kind of like this signing. He might do ok out of the slot position. His main problem in the past was fumbling punt returns. I think he had 10? As a receiver I think he only had one fumble. We have Mewelde that can return the punts and put Wade as the kick returner, we should be ok.