[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos shift their vision to Travis Henry.

broncosn05

Smells like a full blown RBBC to me.

pretty much, though i think henry would have a clear leg up. the problem is, i guess i see henry and mike bell as similar backs...it might be nice to have more of a change-of-pace if you're looking for a really effective RBBC. i dunno, we'll see.

if it were up to me personally, my preference, in order, would be:

1) give up a 3rd rounder for mcgahee, or maybe a 2nd

2) draft lynch, bush, or someone else early in the first couples rounds of the draft

3) travis henry or another retread

if that happens, i'm not in love with it (i think mcgahee brings a lot more to the table), but you gotta love henry's toughness and determination.

I'd say MBell/Henry is an improvement over MBell/TBell.

Henry is only 28? He's got some miles left on those tires.

if it were up to me personally, my preference, in order, would be:

1) give up a 3rd rounder for mcgahee, or maybe a 2nd

2) draft lynch, bush, or someone else early in the first couples rounds of the draft

3) travis henry or another retread

Eh. I agree, Henry does nothing to excite me and the way Shanny can make RBs in that system, I hate to waste a lot of cap space on the position unless I'm getting a young guy without too many miles. I too would much rather give a 3rd for McGahee.

Broncos land tailback Henry with five-year deal

Written by: ¦ 3/5/2007

Source:

Filling their need for a proven tailback, the Denver Broncos on Monday reached a contract agreement with Travis Henry, who was released on Saturday by the Tenenessee Titans to avoid paying him an $8.3 million roster bonus.

Henry will sign a five-year contract that includes $12 million in guarantees, ESPN.com has learned.

Within hours of his release, Henry flew to Denver and visited with Broncos officials over the weekend, while agent Hadley Engelhard negotiated a deal. Henry also drew considerable interest from the Oakland Raiders, who hoped to bring him in for a visit this week.

Henry, 28, carried 270 times for 1,211 yards and seven touchdowns in 2006, and notched six 100-yard outings. The former University of Tennessee standout spent the first four years of his career with the Buffalo Bills before being traded to the Titans in 2005.

In 78 games, including 62 starts, Henry has carried 1,321 times for 5,395 yards and 34 touchdowns. He also has 134 receptions for 886 yards and two scores. In addition to his 1,000-yard season in 2006, Henry ran for over 1,000 yards in two of his four seasons with the Bills.

Wouldn't Ahman Green who reportedly got $6.5 million in guaranteed money be a better comparison?

well, that's probably about the right difference for a 30 year old RB with 1900 carries versus a 28 year old back with 1300. yearly salary will probably be about the same for the two, with henry getting an extra year and a little more in guaranteed money. i'm not sure which of the two i'd rather have for the short term. :D

i'd say this cuts short the idea of them using their 1st or 2nd rounder on a RB...but i still wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in a later round rook as well.