[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tj to the jets

Bier Meister

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess we'll now see how adrian peterson version 1.0 does as a starter. :D

in all honesty, i can only hope benson can step up and take over the role he's been talking about for 2 seasons. here's where the rubber meets the road and benson betting be ready to back it up.

i'm sorry to see tj go but i trust the bears management to use that pick wisely.

From KFFL:

Jets | T. Jones acquired

Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:59:32 -0800

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the New York Jets have acquired RB Thomas Jones and the 63rd overall selection in the 2007 draft from the Chicago Bears for the 37th overall selection in the 2007 draft.

I had what I was hoping to be the Jets running back. I have no running backs now in this 16 team dynasty. I will be giving my money away for the net 100 years. Oh well, I knew it was a rebuild when I accepted the task.

With a crappy team like that the league doesn't usually make you pay the whole league cost. The Jets are a joke anyway.

And not surprisingly, a bone-headed move by the Bears. Is that really ALL they could get for Jones? :D

I don't know about the 'not surisingly' part because Angelo has made solid trades to bring Ogunleye on board, for example.

I don't like this trade except for the fact that they do decent in the draft at that point. Still I would have expected TJ for 2 picks, not reverse. Something tells me they knew TJ wasn't going to play for them again and got what they could.

They seem to like trading with the Jets too.....

I don't know about the 'not surisingly' part because Angelo has made solid trades to bring Ogunleye on board, for example.

I don't like this trade except for the fact that they do decent in the draft at that point. Still I would have expected TJ for 2 picks, not reverse. Something tells me they knew TJ wasn't going to play for them again and got what they could.

They seem to like trading with the Jets too.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Angelo get pretty much squat for Colvin and Ted Washington? Agreed that the Booker/Ogunleye trade was solid.

They should've gotten AT LEAST an extra 2nd-round pick for Jones, not merely a swap of 2nd-rounders.

Am I hearing right that they traded Jones and a 2nd for a higher 2nd?

Not much really ...

Course, he wants to get paid ...

I think the Bears give next years #2 and get the Jets #2 this year.

I read they were this year as well. Interesting :D