[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tj to the jets

Bier Meister

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About your QB question, the bears have a QB and its rex. whether you like him or not, the bears like him. and he is the QB. so I don’t see them going after a QB.

I agree, and I think Lovie has really painted himself into a corner with the way he refused to go with Griese despite Griese showing he could run the O effectively & efficiently. To go another way now is what I think an admission of a mistake that would be too great to allow.

I agree, and I think Lovie has really painted himself into a corner with the way he refused to go with Griese despite Griese showing he could run the O effectively & efficiently. To go another way now is what I think an admission of a mistake that would be too great to allow.

Lovie just signed a huge new contract.

I'd think he can do whatever he wants (pretty much).

You may or may not be right Billy, but your take on Lovie reminded me of Blitz falling in love with his pocket Kings and betting them to the hilt when all evidence suggested that he was already beat. Sometimes you get going down a path and just cant change course... :D

You may or may not be right Billy, but your take on Lovie reminded me of Blitz falling in love with his pocket Kings and betting them to the hilt when all evidence suggested that he was already beat. Sometimes you get going down a path and just cant change course... :D

:D

Now that's a shot...

:D I have TJ and Benson in two dynasty leagues and Benson by himself in a 3rd. :D

Honestly I can't believe that the Bears didn't get more for him. I would have thought they could have at least gotten a 3rd free and clear if not a 2nd. This is a bad trade for the Bears.

Being in a dynasty league though... you know that trading for a solid player with 1 year left on his contract is less valuable than trading for a solid player with 3 years left.

Plus, they knew that Jones wanted out. If they tried to Branch him, they just would have gotten screwed. Better to get him out and gone with some return value.

Yeeeeah....so that ONE stat makes them a joke? C'mon, you gotta do better than that! Give me Rick Kotite, Blair Thomas, Bruce Coslet, drafting Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino, "The Spike"...SOMETHING better than that.

Of course if we're a joke and we made the playoffs, what does that make the Falcons? You have a QB too stupid to throw away a bottle containing pot juice and couldn't hit an open receiver if his next fix depended on it. Give me a break...

That "ONE" stat is a hell of an important stat. What does Marino have to do with the Jets?

Bad mouthing a team that I'm a fan of really helps your defense.

Whoops...didn't see that. Gotta edit my post. Thanks for the info BB.

Speaking off jock sniffers.

:D

Yeah...THERE's an organization that's going places...

You're a f'n Jets fan! Guess you've gotta take advantage of the opportunity every rare chance it comes around. :D

Why don't you try to explain to me why the Jets are the model for an NFL franchise?

That "ONE" stat is a hell of an important stat. What does Marino have to do with the Jets?

You're a f'n Jets fan! Guess you've gotta take advantage of the opportunity every rare chance it comes around. :D

Why don't you try to explain to me why the Jets are the model for an NFL franchise?

I don't think he's saying that. I think he's saying if you're a Falcons fan, you have no business bashing the Jets franchise, which is true. :D

And if you don't understand what Dan Marino has to do with the Jets, well then you're showing your youth. Do you know who Al Toon is and why that tease is someone who will remind Jets fans of Jerry Rice?

And if you don't understand what Dan Marino has to do with the Jets, well then you're showing your youth. Do you know who Al Toon is and why that tease is someone who will remind Jets fans of Jerry Rice?

Today. Absolutely nothing. Showing my youth, no just saying that there's no need to take a shot at a franchise just because of a mistake they made years ago...

I never realized I was supposed to defend myself there kiddo. And I never said that the Jets were the model for an NFL franchise...I think that every Huddler in here knows that, clearly, they have not been. They are moving in the right direction, however. I am liking the new regime.

You originally wrote that the Jets were a joke and I asked you how that was so. The only thing you've proven to be a joke is your knowledge of football, and particularly of the Jets.

Nice thing about this deal, in my opinion, is that the pick the Jets gave up wasn't even their own pick originally - it was the Redskins. If you'll recall, they traded down in the second round last year and got the Skins 2nd rounder this year. The Jets ended up picking Kellen Clemens with the late 2nd rounder last year (yeah, I know they had to jockey around some more after the trade with Washington, but still). Then they trade the Skins 2007 pick for Thomas Jones. So, essentially, they traded a 2006 2nd round pick for Clemens ( a decent QB prospect) and Jones (a better than average RB). And, they still have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds this year. That's not a bad series of transactions in my opinion. Mangini and Tannenbaum might just know what they're doing. Hopefully, it will translate to success on the field this year given what is sure to be a much tougher schedule and higher expectations for the Jets.