[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly homers

SLAYER

the hell is Will James CB? never heard of this guy but he is coming for a visit, what kind of CB is he?

also that drunk idiot k is coming for a visit.(just think he wanted to visit Peyton so they can hit bourbon st. together)

Formerly known as Will Peterson, he was drafted by the Giants in 2002. He suffered what was thought to be a career-threatening back injury in 2005, and the Giants released him in the offseason.

After passing a physical in October 2006 for Philadelphia, he was signed mid-season by the Birds. However, he only splayed sparingly after suffering a calf injury in early December.

He has good size and speed, and would be a good addition in a bump-and-run scheme. He reportedly visited the Falcons last week. At one point, he was thought to be one of the better young CBs in football, but injuries curtailed his progress.

Formerly known as Will Peterson, he was drafted by the Giants in 2002. He suffered what was thought to be a career-threatening back injury in 2005, and the Giants released him in the offseason.

After passing a physical in October 2006 for Philadelphia, he was signed mid-season by the Birds. However, he only splayed sparingly after suffering a calf injury in early December.

He has good size and speed, and would be a good addition in a bump-and-run scheme. He reportedly visited the Falcons last week. At one point, he was thought to be one of the better young CBs in football, but injuries curtailed his progress.

OK Will Peterson now him I've heard of. :D he just might help us at CB.

anybody know the deal with Harper has he visited any teams yet. haven't heard his name being mentioned lately.

Cowboys and Dodgers, huh? I didn't know they were that geographically close? But, you're probably not a bandwagon, frontrunning fan though?

The Dogers have'nt won a playoff series since '88 and we know how the Cowboys have faired in the playoffs in past 12 years...frontrunner? :D

I think it was Whomper that put it best when he asked how many eagles are from philly??

You need some new material...

The Dogers have'nt won a playoff series since '88 and we know how the Cowboys have faired in the playoffs in past 12 years...frontrunner? :D

I think it was Whomper that put it best when he asked how many eagles are from philly??

I could care less who you root for, but what do you mean by how many Eagles fans are from Philly? I would say a good majority of Eagles fans come from Philly and the surrounding area which includes South Jersey & Delaware.

I could care less who you root for, but what do you mean by how many Eagles fans are from Philly? I would say a good majority of Eagles fans come from Philly and the surrounding area which includes South Jersey & Delaware.

not fans..players. If someone wants to root for the team that they live closest to, fine. If they don't, who cares? I have know idea how many players on the eagles roster are from philly and south Jersey but I'd be willing to bet it's a very small percentage, if any. Pro teams sign guys from all over the world so why should anyone be obligated to root for the team that they live closest to?

not fans..players. If someone wants to root for the team that they live closest to, fine. If they don't, who cares? I have know idea how many players on the eagles roster are from philly and south Jersey but I'd be willing to bet it's a very small percentage, if any. Pro teams sign guys from all over the world so why should anyone be obligated to root for the team that they live closest to?

So what? Is your brother or someone on the Dodgers? I don't quite follow your reasoning.

Edited by fitzkek

You are under no obligation to do anything.

Just don't be surprised when people rightfully heckle you mercilessly for adopting the most unpopular teams as your own for no other reason than to be a putz who goes against the local team.

The biggest surprise here is that you are not a Yankees fan.

You are under no obligation to do anything.

Just don't be surprised when people rightfully heckle you mercilessly for adopting the most unpopular teams as your own for no other reason than to be a putz who goes against the local team.

The biggest surprise here is that you are not a Yankees fan.

1. I have no local team, I live approx. 3.5 hours from Philly and Pitt.

2. I realize that alot of people hate Dallas, I don't root for them b/c they're hated, that's ridiculous.

3. I did'nt realize the Dodgers were hated.

4. I'm a Yankee hater.

5. You people should be able to come up with something better when I knock McNabb than "you root for a team that you don't live near." This makes you the putz.

Yes .What I said was I see sports as entertainment . Its not like The Eagles are made up of a bunch of guys from Philly that wanted to represent that city and threw a team together..I dont like any home teams at all. If you want to root for the home team God bless you, most people do ,but saying someone is automatically a frontrunner or less of a fan for rooting outside the home state is :D

Edited by whomper

Yes .What I said was I see sports as entertainment . Its not like The Eagles are made up of a bunch of guys from Philly that wanted to represent that city and threw a team together..I dont like any home teams at all. If you want to root for the home team God bless you, most people do ,but saying someone is automatically a frontrunner or less of a fan for rooting outside the home state is :D

Then please explain to me how you can root for a team that isn't your "home" team. I've never understood this phenomenon. Did you like the players on the Cowboys and not your home team? Do you just like to be "that guy" and laugh at everyone when the home team loses? I just don't get it. I have always felt that people that live in certain geographical areas that actually have a team close to them, and don't root for them, just like to see or make people around them miserable. Again, just my opinion. But, no one's been able to change my thought process. Even the people that say that "their dad was a Cowboy fan so that's why I am." Well, then your dad was "that guy."

Then please explain to me how you can root for a team that isn't your "home" team. I've never understood this phenomenon. Did you like the players on the Cowboys and not your home team? Do you just like to be "that guy" and laugh at everyone when the home team loses? I just don't get it. I have always felt that people that live in certain geographical areas that actually have a team close to them, and don't root for them, just like to see or make people around them miserable. Again, just my opinion. But, no one's been able to change my thought process. Even the people that say that "their dad was a Cowboy fan so that's why I am." Well, then your dad was "that guy."

I just explained it in my last post. Sports is entertainment to me. I dont feel that I am doing something wrong or turning my back on NJ because I dont root for the Giants..I dont see the logic in your argument that I am just rooting for the Cowboys to be "that Guy" and stick it to the Giants fans if they dont do well..When I was a kid my older brother brianwashed me. I like practically every team he likes. Cowboys/ Orioles/ The only sport we differ on is hoops .I was born in 71 and have religiously rooted for the Cowboys since I was 6 or 7 years old. It has nothing to do with going against the grain in my home state or being a front runner..Up until the early 90s the Giants had Just as many superbowl rings as the Boys..If you moved out of Philly to Boston would you then be that guy if you didnt start rooting for the Pats ? As I said before The Giants arent a group of guys from Jersey that formed a team to represent our state against other states they are part of a big business of entertainment called professional sports. Makes no difference to me if you view me as a front runner I know I have watched this team since Im a child and never stopped rooting for them whether they were superbowl champs or bottom of the division..I would make the argument that you started rooting for philly when they won their first superbowl but ..........

Edited by whomper

1. I have no local team, I live approx. 3.5 hours from Philly and Pitt.

2. I realize that alot of people hate Dallas, I don't root for them b/c they're hated, that's ridiculous.

3. I did'nt realize the Dodgers were hated. Maybe not hated, but they had a long history of being the team to beat in the early 80's, which made them the favorite in the NL, which made them everyone's target.

4. I'm a Yankee hater. :D

5. You people should be able to come up with something better when I knock McNabb than "you root for a team that you don't live near." This makes you the putz. To continually belabor the fact that McNabb threw up 3 years ago makes you the guy that can't find any new material.

Then please explain to me how you can root for a team that isn't your "home" team. I've never understood this phenomenon. Did you like the players on the Cowboys and not your home team? Do you just like to be "that guy" and laugh at everyone when the home team loses? I just don't get it. I have always felt that people that live in certain geographical areas that actually have a team close to them, and don't root for them, just like to see or make people around them miserable.

As I stated before, I have no "home team", I live betweem Philly and Pitt.

I enjoy when the Eagles lose b/c I'm a Cowboys fan, not so I can laugh at people around me. Most of my friends and family are Steelers fans anyway.

I just explained it in my last post. Sports is entertainment to me. I dont feel that I am doing something wrong or turning my back on NJ because I dont root for the Giants..I dont see the logic in your argument that I am just rooting for the Cowboys to be "that Guy" and stick it to the Giants fans if they dont do well..When I was a kid my older brother brianwashed me. I like practically every team he likes. Cowboys/ Orioles/ The only sport we differ on is hoops .I was born in 71 and have religiously rooted for the Cowboys since I was 6 or 7 years old. It has nothing to do with going against the grain in my home state or being a front runner..Up until the early 90s the Giants had Just as many superbowl rings as the Boys..If you moved out of Philly to Boston would you then be that guy if you didnt start rooting for the Pats ? As I said before The Giants arent a group of guys from Jersey that formed a team to represent our state against other states they are part of a big business of entertainment called professional sports. Makes no difference to me if you view me as a front runner I know I have watched this team since Im a child and never stopped rooting for them whether they were superbowl champs or bottom of the division..I would make the argument that you started rooting for philly when they won their first superbowl but ..........

Whomper, I can totally respect your reasoning. I didn't mean to strike a nerve, I was just trying to figure it out is all. Thanks for clarifying. And hopefully, sometime soon, I'll know what it's like to have my team win a Super Bowl. :D