[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Graham to Denver

bushwacked

Did you see what he and Cutler did in the preseason/late season? Could've been Top 5.

:D Scheffler seems like a nice enough player with some decent upside. I haven't seen enough of him to think he is near the blocker and/or athelete that Graham is.

:D Scheffler seems like a nice enough player with some decent upside. I haven't seen enough of him to think he is near the blocker and/or athelete that Graham is.

Can we have Sheffler!?!?! Please??? Oh man I hope there is a Randy McMichael signing in the Hawks future!! Wiggins?? Anything but a Jerramy Stevens signing would be fabulous!!

Why? I like Scheffler a hell of a lot more than this garbage.

:D:D

i like this move a ton. scheffler is a nice threat to have around as a receiver, graham is a whole lot better as a dual threat. with rod smith potentially out or less than 100% early in the season, i think you'll see them use a LOT of 2 TE sets. fantasy-wise, i doubt either graham or scheffler will be good for more than 500-700 yards or so apiece (so neither will be a top tier fantasy TE)...but as far as the overall functioning of the offense, i think this will turn out to be a great signing.

Oh man I hope there is a Randy McMichael signing in the Hawks future!! Wiggins?? Anything but a Jerramy Stevens signing would be fabulous!!

Doesnt McMichael throw women out of a moving car after bloodying their nose? Ruskell won't sign him. Wiggins? meh...

Eric Johnson can catch when he isn't missing entire seasons of football due to injury.

The popular dump Stevens bandwagon amongst Seattleites is overflowing and those in it may get their wish, but I don't think they are going to like the alternative.

I hope we get Stevens back, because Will Heller isn't going to be splitting safeties 35 yards down the field in the playoffs for a TD.

Edited by bushwacked

I have to agree with broncosn05 on this one.

Broncos just drafted Scheffler in 2006, in the 2nd round, right? I believe this is the earliest Shanahan has ever drafted a TE (the first year without Kubiak). I also thought he was doing quite well after Cutler got in there, towards the end of the season (4 TDs in the last 5 games).

So, why spend the big money on another TE?

Denver reached an agreement Tuesday night with TE Daniel Graham on a five-year, $30 million contract that includes $15 million guaranteed. The deal makes Graham the highest-paid tight end in the NFL.

I'm starting to believe Denver is spending money to just spend money.

Why? I like Scheffler a hell of a lot more than this garbage.

:D

Geez, could you know any less & strut your lack of knowledge any more?

Scheffler is a good receiver, but his blocking skills are sorely insufficient. Shanahan requires all his receivers to block, especially TEs, because the running game is king in DEN. That's the predominant reason Scheffler took so long to get on the field last year.

Graham adds a great blocking TE with solid but not great receiving skills. Graham is a huge upgrade over Stephen Alexander, whoi figures to get cut (though Shanahan has been known to carry an excess of TEs on the roster before). Shanahan also likes to mix 2 TE sets in when he can & his personnel allows for it, and the acquisition of Graham gives him great flexibility in running the O.

:D

Graham adds a great blocking TE with solid but not great receiving skills. Graham is a huge upgrade over Stephen Alexander, whoi figures to get cut (though Shanahan has been known to carry an excess of TEs on the roster before). Shanahan also likes to mix 2 TE sets in when he can & his personnel allows for it, and the acquisition of Graham gives him great flexibility in running the O.

This signing is what this means to me. Alexander will be gone before the season starts baring injury.

Doesnt McMichael throw women out of a moving car after bloodying their nose? Ruskell won't sign him. Wiggins? meh...

Eric Johnson can catch when he isn't missing entire seasons of football due to injury.

The popular dump Stevens bandwagon amongst Seattleites is overflowing and those in it may get their wish, but I don't think they are going to like the alternative.

I hope we get Stevens back, because Will Heller isn't going to be splitting safeties 35 yards down the field in the playoffs for a TD.

We don't need someone to split safeties 35 yards down the field one time per season. We need someone who can catch easy passes consistently.

We don't need someone to split safeties 35 yards down the field one time per season. We need someone who can catch easy passes consistently.

Okay, then why are you excited about Randy McMichael again?

Let me guess, the Dolphins aren't one of the teams you get paid good money to research? :D

Edited by bushwacked

+1

Graham is a HUGH upgrade of Sheffler. No comparison whatsoever in skill level. Henry and now Graham show that Denver is trying to put the pieces in place around Cutler. Smith could be done so they will need to add another WR opposite Javon Walker. But the addition of Graham was a great move, imo.

Edited by spain

+1

Graham is a HUGH upgrade of Sheffler. No comparison whatsoever in skill level. Henry and now Graham show that Denver is trying to put the pieces in place around Cutler. Smith could be done so they will need to add another WR opposite Javon Walker. But the addition of Graham was a great move, imo.

They'll put Brandon (I think that's his name) on the other side from Walker. Brandon showed flashed and is a big receiver. Smith should move to the #3 which is a perfect fit for him assuming he has anything left. Now if Denver can just work on the D-line they'd be in good shape.