[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your schools non-conference opponents for 07

PantherDave

Coach O'Breins first year at the helm will see the Pack opening against dangerous Central Florida in Raleigh, and then wedged in between conf play Louisville comes to town. The Pack is on the road to Greenville vs the improving East Carolina under Skip Holtz.

Edited by PantherDave

nebraska cornhuskers

Sept 1 vs. Nevada

Sep 8 @ Wake Forest

Sep 15 vs. USC

Sep 22 vs. Ball State

How long ago was that Wake Forest game scheduled? After last season's surprised performance by Wake Forest this one could produce abit of a scare considering Nebraska will undoubtly be looking ahead to a visit by the Trojans the following week.

9-1 Northern Illinois (Chicago)

9-8 Syracuse

9-15 @ Iowa State

11-17 Western Michigan (only Mac team to ever beat Iowa)

Really sucks that Syracuse' program has hit rock bottom. I think Williams has them going in the right direction. NIU has been Iowa's b|tch for awhile now. They were the only team Iowa beat back in their 1-10 abortion in 1999, and were the only highlight (other than a respectable close game against Texas in the Alamo Bowl) on the 2nd half schedule in 2006. You never know what is going to happen vs the clones, and Western Michigan was the only MAC team to beat Iowa ever, and are coming off a bowl season. With Michigan and Ohio State off the schedule, Iowa has a pretty good shot at putting up a gaudy record despite some huge questionmarks (most notablly bringing in a new Quarterback). As long as the defensive line starts playing like they are supposed too, the rest of the defense will take care of itself, and I see no reason why Iowa shouldn't be able to compete for a new years day bowl out of the big ten. Any higher expectations, will rest squarely on the shoulders of Kirk Ferentz and Jake Christensen (who looked very very bad against Minnesota and Texas, in the 3 series he was in)

How long ago was that Wake Forest game scheduled? After last season's surprised performance by Wake Forest this one could produce abit of a scare considering Nebraska will undoubtly be looking ahead to a visit by the Trojans the following week.

yeah. was scheduled a couple years ago before we played them in 2005. we beat them 31-3 at home, and of course now we are in for what could be a heck of a surprise and certainly a good game. was definitely made when we didn't think Wake would matter as much at this point, but really it turned out great for our SOS, atleast for the first part of the season, maybe in the end depending on Wake. Should bea good game to get us prepared for USC.

Notre Dame:

09/01/2007 vs. Georgia Tech W

09/08/2007 at Penn State W

09/15/2007 at Michigan L

09/22/2007 vs. Michigan State W

09/29/2007 at Purdue W

10/06/2007 at UCLA L

10/13/2007 vs. Boston College W

10/20/2007 vs. USC L

11/03/2007 vs. Navy W

11/10/2007 vs. Air Force W

11/17/2007 vs. Duke W

11/24/2007 at Stanford W

8-3 and hopefully a 2007 NON-BCS bowl (win), just because I am tired of seeing the Irish get matched up against a top 3 team in the BCS and getting spanked. I'd rather see them play a weaker BCS team (like an Oklahoma, Boise, Lousville, or Wake) but that won't happen because of their allure to the major bowls.

Notre Dame:

09/01/2007 vs. Georgia Tech W

09/08/2007 at Penn State W

09/15/2007 at Michigan L

09/22/2007 vs. Michigan State W

09/29/2007 at Purdue W

10/06/2007 at UCLA L

10/13/2007 vs. Boston College W

10/20/2007 vs. USC L

11/03/2007 vs. Navy W

11/10/2007 vs. Air Force W

11/17/2007 vs. Duke W

11/24/2007 at Stanford W

8-3 and hopefully a 2007 NON-BCS bowl (win), just because I am tired of seeing the Irish get matched up against a top 3 team in the BCS and getting spanked. I'd rather see them play a weaker BCS team (like an Oklahoma, Boise, Lousville, or Wake) but that won't happen because of their allure to the major bowls.

They have 12 games, and 8-4 is the best they can likely do. I think 7-5 is much more likely. They'll start 2-2, and then prolly lose to USC and UCLA. BC will play them tough. It's another rebuilding year, with a move to 3-4 not going to help. Clausen will be fun to watch hopefully.

Husker's season should be the most exciting and potentionally the most disappointing with the automatic media blessing of sam keller aka the huskerland savior wow cant wait to see what happens beat usc and all is good.....................

Did you say .... beat USC? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Florida State:

UAB

Colorado

Alabama

florida gaytors

Man, I haven't been this geeked going into a new year in a while. Looking forward to seeing what we do under the new offensive coaching staff.

As I read your post, it appears you are attempting to insult the Gators. However, I am still riding the high of the University of Florida's third Nat'l Championship in the last 12 months. As such, your barb cannot pierce my tough, reptilian exterior.

And I am going to miss Jeff Bowden.

Texas Aggies

vs. Montana State

vs. Fresno State

vs. Louisiana - Monroe

@ Miami (Fla.)

Not a good year for watching Aggie Football @ Kyle Field....

Home: Above + Baylor, Ok State, Kansas, Texas

Road: @ Miami, @ Texas Tech, @Nebraska, @Oklahoma, @Missouri

09-01: Youngstown State

09-08: Akron

9-15 : @ Washington

10-13: Kent State

Ohio State giving back to Youngstown State and all out of conference games are Ohio schools except Washington.

I have no idea how good Washington is going to be and OSU has some very big shoes to replace.

I'm not really excited by any means with the schedule compared to recent years, but could not have come at a better time for this very young Buckeye squad.

Ohio State giving back to Youngstown State and all out of conference games are Ohio schools except Washington.

I have no idea how good Washington is going to be and OSU has some very big shoes to replace.

I'm not really excited by any means with the schedule compared to recent years, but could not have come at a better time for this very young Buckeye squad.

werd. and you know tress will have the youngsters playing well by mid year. the weaker schedule than normal could be just what they need.

Texas Aggies

vs. Montana State

vs. Fresno State

vs. Louisiana - Monroe

@ Miami (Fla.)

Not a good year for watching Aggie Football @ Kyle Field....

Home: Above + Baylor, Ok State, Kansas, Texas

Road: @ Miami, @ Texas Tech, @Nebraska, @Oklahoma, @Missouri

Well you should be happy with 3 home wins over Montana State, Louisiana-Monroe and Baylor, assuming of course that you can beat Baylor this year.

9-1 Northern Illinois (Chicago)

9-8 Syracuse

9-15 @ Iowa State

11-17 Western Michigan (only Mac team to ever beat Iowa)

Really sucks that Syracuse' program has hit rock bottom. I think Williams has them going in the right direction. NIU has been Iowa's b|tch for awhile now. They were the only team Iowa beat back in their 1-10 abortion in 1999, and were the only highlight (other than a respectable close game against Texas in the Alamo Bowl) on the 2nd half schedule in 2006. You never know what is going to happen vs the clones, and Western Michigan was the only MAC team to beat Iowa ever, and are coming off a bowl season. With Michigan and Ohio State off the schedule, Iowa has a pretty good shot at putting up a gaudy record despite some huge questionmarks (most notablly bringing in a new Quarterback). As long as the defensive line starts playing like they are supposed too, the rest of the defense will take care of itself, and I see no reason why Iowa shouldn't be able to compete for a new years day bowl out of the big ten. Any higher expectations, will rest squarely on the shoulders of Kirk Ferentz and Jake Christensen (who looked very very bad against Minnesota and Texas, in the 3 series he was in)

That would be mine too. No Michigan or Ohio State for a couple of years better have this team looking good again. If they can't make a record look good without those two on the schedule we are in trouble!

Huskies are young. Probably starting freshman phenom Jake Locker @ QB. They need their WR to step up and create some big plays. With the Huskies schedule I'm hoping for a 7-4 schedule. Probably looking at a 5, 6 win season though.