[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN reporting Joe Horn is a Falcant

rajncajn

Ya know, I am actually going to go out on a limb and say that this move helps them quite a bit, and has a chance to change the perception that Mike Vick can only hit Alge Crumpler. Vick has never had a WR that he could have a lot of confidence in, or somebody who can catch some of his errant passes. Don't go crazy, I don't think this turns him into Troy Aikman, but I think you will see a somewhat significant leap in Vicks completion percentage and passing yardage totals. Horn still probably won't sniff 80 catches, but 60 could be absolutely huge in this offense.

I kind off feel sorry for Joe in a way, he feels rejected by the Saints so he intentionly goes to their biggest rival to sort of stick it to them for 2 games a year. but he has to rely on vick getting him the ball and him not getting injured. in the past vick has not done very well with the completion thing so we will say 55% of the time vick will complete a pass to him. Then there is the 100% chance he will wind up on the DL at some point, just depends on when and how long. Doesn't sound like a good formula to stick it to your old team.

What are you guys talking about? This gives Vick yet another built-in excuse to suck.

First, it was that all the WRs he has ever played with have sucked. Then they get Lelie, who was supposed to be the the answer for Vick because he's a great deep threat to match Vick's cannon arm. Of course, by the time the year was over, Lelie sucked big time too.

Now they get Horn, and when Vick sucks throwing the ball for yet another year, afterwards they can blame it on Horn's age & injuries. So after this year, Horn will suck even more than any WR ever to play in ATL has sucked.

This is lined up perfectly for more excuse-making for Vick.

:D

Edited by Bronco Billy

What are you guys talking about? This gives Vick yet another built-in excuse to suck.

First, it was that all the WRs he has ever played with have sucked. Then they get Lelie, who was supposed to be the the answer for Vick because he's a great deep threat to match Vick's cannon arm. Of course, by the time the year was over, Lelie sucked big time too.

Now they get Horn, and when Vick sucks throwing the ball for yet another year, afterwards they can blame it on Horn's age & injuries. So after this year, Horn will suck even more than any WR ever to play in ATL has sucked.

This is lined up perfectly for more excuse-making for Vick.

:D

Yes but he doesn't have Mora covering for him.

I kind off feel sorry for Joe in a way, he feels rejected by the Saints so he intentionly goes to their biggest rival to sort of stick it to them for 2 games a year. but he has to rely on vick getting him the ball and him not getting injured. in the past vick has not done very well with the completion thing so we will say 55% of the time vick will complete a pass to him. Then there is the 100% chance he will wind up on the DL at some point, just depends on when and how long. Doesn't sound like a good formula to stick it to your old team.

Don't feel bad for him, he went to Atlanta for the golf. :D

Horn is used to that type of pass - he played with Brooks for years. Brooks always subscribed to the "when in doubt add velocity" approach as well. He could do pretty well there if he can stay healthy.

By the way - I hate to see him in a Falcon uni. Makes my stomach turn.

Got to like that news if you are a Falcon fan.

Unless it turns out they bought damaged goods....dude needs to stay healthy.

And, the OC/QB coach needs to work with Vick to somehow create scenarios to get him the ball...no sense in spending $7.5M guaranteed if the guy only touches the ball 3-4 times a game.