[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Dave a bust?

MojoMan

42 members have voted

1. 1. Is David Carr a bust?

• Yes
    • No
    • vicky/cliaz
    • Puddy
  2. 2. Is Carr "ruined" forever?

• Yes
    • No
    • Puddy

All this talk about where QBs will end up got me to thinking about David Carr, QB, Houston.

First pick of the 2002 draft

Best year = 2004, 3,500 yards, 16 TD, 14 IND

My question...Is he a bust? To me, "bust" is a pejorative term and implies that the player had some fault in the lack of success. I've never heard about Carr being a lazy bum, bad attitude, etc. It seems to me that he's played for chitty teams with terrible OL. I've heard commentators say that since he's been sacked so much it's frucked up his psyche. Can he get his career back on track if he went to a good team with good QB coaching?

That is not his fault and I don't think he qualifies as a bust. Can Kubiak save him if he stays in Houston?

EDIT: Yeah, I see how I screwed up the poll.

Edited by Big John

All this talk about where QBs will end up got me to thinking about David Carr, QB, Houston.

First pick of the 2002 draft

Best year = 2004, 3,500 yards, 16 TD, 14 IND

My question...Is he a bust? To me, "bust" is a pejorative term and implies that the player had some fault in the lack of success. I've never heard about Carr being a lazy bum, bad attitude, etc. It seems to me that he's played for chitty teams with terrible OL. I've heard commentators say that since he's been sacked so much it's frucked up his psyche. Can he get his career back on track if he went to a good team with good QB coaching?

That is not his fault and I don't think he qualifies as a bust. Can Kubiak save him if he stays in Houston?

EDIT: Yeah, I see how I screwed up the poll.

I don't think so, Carr has spent more time on his back then any other QB i think. You can't really expect good numbers from 72 sacks in a season ( i believe that was his high.)

I think if you put David Carr into a team with a great O-line he would become a fantasy starter. Period.

EDIT - awesome that I am finally a choice on polls like puddy is.

Edited by cliaz

I had a really tough time deciding between the first no & the second no.

I was really hoping that he'd land in DEN to back up Cutler, but I think he's still searching for a place where he can at least compete for the starting job, and that sure ain't DEN.

I don't think so, Carr has spent more time on his back then any other QB i think. You can't really expect good numbers from 72 sacks in a season ( i believe that was his high.)

I think if you put David Carr into a team with a great O-line he would become a fantasy starter. Period.

EDIT - awesome that I am finally a choice on polls like puddy is.

He has spent more time on his back than vanessa del rio ....and I think a bit shell shocked now ...if given the time and protection and a few more weapons I think he could be a good qb ...not great but good

I gotta disagree with the thinking - number 1 pick in draft that hasn't won and hasn't thrown up good number = bust. Is it his fault? Maybe, maybe not. Is he ruined forever - naw, he's shown enough to make us think he could be a decent NFL starter if he had talent around him - but that's the problem. A lot of guys can be decent NFL starters with talent around them - when you draft a number 1 pick at QB, you expect him to eventually elevate what he does have to being pretty good and enticing others to come in. Yes, Houston is somewhat comical in their personnel decisions, but I still gotta say he's a bust..not of Ryan Leaf proportions, but closer to Tim Couch...