[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston looking to get Quinn?

tonyr0802

Roto is reporting that Houston may be looking to make a draft day trade to ensure they get Quinn.

ESPN.com reports that the Texans are targeting Brady Quinn in the draft, and may have a trade worked out with the Redskins.

Houston reportedly feels that they need to jump ahead of Minnesota to ensure landing Quinn. A trade wouldn't happen until draft day, but the rumors of Quinn "falling" down the draft board appear overblown, as we expected.

Source: ESPN.com

:D Possibly. Personally, I would rather have Thomas, Johnson, or Peterson.

Hmmm. :D Calvin Johnson would help that OLine problem a bit. Talk about stretching the field and keeping D's homest with him and the best young WR already in the game: Andre.

So, if HOU doesn't get Joe Thomas, what's the outlook on Levi Brown? Is he worth a 1.08 pick?

I would hope for a big trade down if they are wanting to go after Brown. Hopefully Spencer can come back sooner rather than later and they will not have to worry about the oline as much. I would not mind this line up one bit going into this season:

LT Charles Spencer

LG Chester Pitts or Seth McKinney

C Mike Flanagan

RG Fred Weary

RT Eric Winston

:D

Replacing Carr with Quinn will still leave them with their #1 problem: no oline.

Agreed. It doesn't matter who they have at QB because they can't complete passes from their back side. Until they get an o line any QB is simply a tackling dummy.

I would hope for a big trade down if they are wanting to go after Brown. Hopefully Spencer can come back sooner rather than later and they will not have to worry about the oline as much. I would not mind this line up one bit going into this season:

LT Charles Spencer

LG Chester Pitts or Seth McKinney

C Mike Flanagan

RG Fred Weary

RT Eric Winston

I've been thinking the same thing, but there's a lot of noise around here thinking that HOU needs to start and finish their draft with the o-line (and everything in between). HOU still has a ways to go with the o-line, but I think they have planted the seeds. I'd like to see this group start together, and stay healthy thru the season. But, probably won't see the results until late in the season, or until the following season. o-lines need to be together for several years before they rank in the top 10, no?

At the same time, one injury and that line is toast. There's no depth there.

I don't think you need several years... I think a line can gel into a legitimate top ten in two years. I honestly beleive the packers line will be a top 5 line by the end of the season...

Shame they don't have a solid back to run behind it. :D

I don't think you need several years... I think a line can gel into a legitimate top ten in two years. I honestly beleive the packers line will be a top 5 line by the end of the season...

Fair enough. Point taken.

Agreed. look at what Ferguson meant to the Jets in his 1st year.

Edited by Doc Holliday