[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Breaking News

Footballjoe

But could be FF Gold for the QB :D

Ah, Brady is always going to get his. As much as I dislike the Pats - due mainly to their "of course we dominate everyone, what did you expect?" attitude and "if we lost, we had to have gotten screwed" whining - Brady is second best in the NFL only to P Manning in exploiting D's weaknesses & making in-game adjustments as the D tries to cover itself.

That's part of the problem with the NE skills guys - Brady will pick apart a team and make one of his skill guys score like a stud one week, and then go a completely different way the next 2-3 weeks as he exposes other teams' weaknesses, making that skill guy useless over that period.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Not a lot of money unless they decide to keep him.

From ESPN-

Stallworth will receive an initial signing bonus of $1 million, a roster bonus of $1.6 million and a $300,000 workout bonus, to go along with his 2007 base salary of $700,000. That totals $3.6 million for the coming season.

It's after the 2007 season, however, when the really big money kicks in.

For the Patriots to retain Stallworth for the 2008 season, they must pay him an option bonus of $6 million by Feb. 25, 2008. There is a subsequent roster bonus of $2 million due on March 1, a second roster bonus of $1.6 million based on playing time, a base salary of $1 million and a $400,000 workout bonus. That totals an exorbitant $11 million for 2008, or a two-year total of $14.6 million.

I take it back... that's a VERY low-risk/high-reward investment on NE's part. Not to mention smart considering that Chad Jackson probably won't play this season. No wonder they're competitive every season.

Good point/post overall.....well except maybe that last part. On a 13-3 team is no man's land? Or did you just mean him losing out to Clayton as "the man" now?

The Ravens aren't in good shape at all right now. They were arguably the best team in the AFC last season and could only muster 6 points at home against an inspired-but-not-that-great Colts D. Mason and McNair were supposedly the missing pieces to their under-performing offense. Those two aren't getting any younger and they're taking up significant cap room, along with Ogden and Heap. That offense isn't going to get much better anytime soon. Considering that the Ravens D played about as well as could be expected this past season and that they lost a key member to FA, they're almost certainly not going to be as dominant. I'm not even sure that the Ravens will win their division this season.

Yeah I hear you, but the draft WR class is deep this year, they just got Walker, and (supposedly) Chad Jackson is an up n comer. I know even given that they still have some real need at WR, but IMO this is a big risk of overpayment given the ? marks about the guy. Course if anyone can get a huge year out of him, it's NE (despite their "WRBC" tradition).

I guess, if they have money to burn - wish I had that problem :D

Good point/post overall.....well except maybe that last part. On a 13-3 team is no man's land? Or did you just mean him losing out to Clayton as "the man" now?

i absolutely love the notions that the patriots window of opportunity is closing(ive seen this comment from several patriots haters on here...i think its even more silly for some of you to think that the patriots organization themselves feel the window is closing) and that because the draft class appears deep at WR that the patriots should lay off signing donte stallworth

both are pretty ridiculous

Not a bad signing, although $12 million guaranteed for somebody who has hamstring issues every season might be a bit much. Still, he's highly-productive when he's on the field.

Didn't Philly trade for him last year? What did they give up for him? Now there's a team that will always fall short IMO..

i absolutely love the notions that the patriots window of opportunity is closing(ive seen this comment from several patriots haters on here...i think its even more silly for some of you to think that the patriots organization themselves feel the window is closing) and that because the draft class appears deep at WR that the patriots should lay off signing donte stallworth

It's the same thing us Colts fans have been hearing for the past 2 years.. "Window is closing"

I'm not a hater, but Brady, Vrabel, Bruschi and Seymour would need to be replaced eventually. It doesn't look like Brady will leave anytime soon unless he decides to.

I think he could do that in a few years. I don't think football is the end all for him and think he has plans after football.

What do you think?

I'm not a hater, but Brady, Vrabel, Bruschi and Seymour would need to be replaced eventually. It doesn't look like Brady will leave anytime soon unless he decides to.

I think he could do that in a few years. I don't think football is the end all for him and think he has plans after football.

What do you think?

Interesting angle. I've always figured him for a future in politics in the future...wonder if he deep sixed those aspirations with his recent venture into unwed fatherhood...

also i must add this...for swerski

ive heard the initial reports of a torn acl for jackson are false...and it was a partial tear...he had surgery four days after the game...they usually wait a weak or two to do surgeries to let swelling subside...

apparently jackson is spending his offseason in mass. and has already been working out/rehabbing with teammates

some have said he could be ready to go by august...and john tomase has said he thinks jackson may be ready for the season opener

also i must add this...for swerski

ive heard the initial reports of a torn acl for jackson are false...and it was a partial tear...he had surgery four days after the game...they usually wait a weak or two to do surgeries to let swelling subside...

apparently jackson is spending his offseason in mass. and has already been working out/rehabbing with teammates

some have said he could be ready to go by august...and john tomase has said he thinks jackson may be ready for the season opener

Interesting. Nobody ever knows what the hell is going on injury-wise in Foxboro. :D:D

i think his future after football will resemble john elways before it resembles dan marinos or steve largents

I would hope that Brady's life after the NFL won't involve divorce, the death of a sibling, and problems with depression.

Edited by Bill Swerski

i think his future after football will resemble john elways before it resembles dan marinos or steve largents

If you mean his life after retiring from football will be pretty much what it was like while he was playing: self-absorbed, over-indulgent, and busying himself with his multiple car dealearships, restaurants, and assorted other business ventures of varying degrees of success (or failure).

Then yes, I agree Brady will be just like Elway in that respect.

If you mean his life after retiring from football will be pretty much what it was like while he was playing: self-absorbed, over-indulgent, and busying himself with his multiple car dealearships, restaurants, and assorted other business ventures of varying degrees of success (or failure).

Then yes, I agree Brady will be just like Elway in that respect.

:D

Just a little bit jealous?

And besides, Elway could never match Brady in fertility. Brady is reaching Kemp-like proportions in unwed daddy-hood.

I'm a bit surprised at this signing, he really doesn't seem to be a Belichick type of guy. He's a bit lazy, which is why he's had such a hard time with injuries. The one year he finally stayed healthy was when he'd said he focused really hard in the offseason on his conditioning and diet. Maybe this will turn out good for him, but I thought he was a much better fit in Philly.