[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboy Homers

fitzkek

We have an incredibly large jackass in charge of the Eagles web site. His name is Dave Spadero. He's making it seem like the Eagles have a large interest in this guy. Says he might be the best special team player in the league. :D He apparently is a LB. I've talked to my friend here who roots for the 'boys and he's never heard of him. Didn't know why the Eagles would offer a restricted free agent ANYTHING, especially a guy that no one even knows of. Looking for a little help.

Backup inside linebacker and special teams ace Ryan Fowler, a restricted free agent, has taken a visit with Tennessee and Philadelphia. The Cowboys secured a right of first refusal if a team should sign Fowler to an offer sheet by tendering him at $850,000 minimum. But since Fowler was not drafted into the league, the Cowboys would not receive original draft-choice compensation if they choose not to match a signed offer sheet. Fowler led the Cowboys in 2006 with 24 special teams tackles.

I've heard the name but not often to be sure. As a four-year player, I am guessing he is locked into a special teams role.

You would be right sir.

That's a shame. The Eagles could use a guy like that. But if someone wants to go to Tennessee, good luck to ya.

Are you kidding? You can live in a sh@t hole like Filthadelphia or come to a beautiful place like Tennessee. There is no comparison. Nobody would willingly choose to move to Philly over Nashville. Nobody.

Are you kidding? You can live in a sh@t hole like Filthadelphia or come to a beautiful place like Tennessee. There is no comparison. Nobody would willingly choose to move to Philly over Nashville. Nobody.

Not exactly referring to where a player lives. I was commenting on where they choose to PLAY. Obviously, players don't always live where they play. They play where the money is, so if Tennessee wants to pay an ass load of money to a backup LB, then of course he'll choose to play there. Take it easy Spain. Put down the confederate flag slowly, before we come down there and whoop your rebel arsses again. :D

Edited by fitzkek

Just out of curiousity, had Dallas matched the original offer sheet, would it have been a done deal...or does Fowler just get to go out and negotiate some more? Seems like a very strange process.

I shook my head when I saw that Tennessee sort of swiped him away from Philly. (Is T.O's former agent involves in this somehow?) :D

RR

Just out of curiousity, had Dallas matched the original offer sheet, would it have been a done deal...or does Fowler just get to go out and negotiate some more? Seems like a very strange process.

I shook my head when I saw that Tennessee sort of swiped him away from Philly. (Is T.O's former agent involves in this somehow?) :D

RR

According to Howard Eskin on 610WIP Sports radio in Philly, the Eagles had a verbal agreement but then he went to the Titans and decided to sign with them.

According to Howard Eskin on 610WIP Sports radio in Philly, the Eagles had a verbal agreement but then he went to the Titans and decided to sign with them.

He was never coming to Philly anyway, apparently. Since Tennessee wanted him, and the cowboys knew this, all the cowboys had to do was match the offer sheet the Eagles tendered, then trade him to the Titans for a low pick (which still may happen).

No news here...except that the Eagles saved $10.5M on a back-up.

And that I've been to Nashville, and please Spain....you gotta get out more.

Dallas wont receive a compensatory pick from Tenn for Fowler since he was undrafted.

Correct...what could happen, though, is that Dallas takes a chance and matches the offer. They then offer Fowler to the Titans (or Eagles) for a 6th-8th round pick. Knowing both these teams would like his services, one would likely be willing to give up a low pick this year (or next) for him.

Take it easy Spain. Put down the confederate flag slowly, before we come down there and whoop your rebel arsses again. :D

Not this time, the president will be on our side this time. OH wait, that would make us lose another war. :D

Spain, we just need to get rid of Bush, then we can whip those Yanks ass into Canada. :tup:

The Cowboys decided not to match the Titans' four-year, $11.5 million offer sheet for the 24-year-old Fowler, a restricted free agent who drew serious interest from Philadelphia and appeared to have an agreement in place with the Eagles before signing Monday with Tennessee.

Fowler's deal includes a $1 million base salary for 2007 and $4 million in bonuses - $3 million signing bonus and $1 million roster bonus. That's basically $5 million guaranteed in the first year of his contract.