[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

roasting chicken

Dr. Sacrebleu

last night I roasted a chicken the way I ususally do:

Preheat oven to 375

a dash of olive oil on the chicken, a few bits of butter, salt, pepper, soy sauce, lemon juice and stuff the lemon, garlic, and anything else close by into the chicken.

make a broth with the gizzards, and all vegetables and left overs close at hand (in this case garlic, onions, carrots, dash of soy sauce, red pepper, zuchinni, salt) let simmer for as long as you are cooking the chicken.

cover chicken with tin foil, baste regularly.

cook at 500 for the last 15 minutes.

combine broth and dripppings, mix thoroughly, transfer to a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes and seperate fat from gravy

It was perfect. However I am sure there are some tricks/ingredients that some of you could recommend for future roastings, I grow tired of this method...

This is total heresy to the hardcore foodies but I just buy a good rotisserie chicken (like from Crisp and Juicy-a small local chain-Peruvian chicken).

It's what they do for a living and GREAT!

Dude, Peruvian chicken is freaking awesome. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

This is total heresy to the hardcore foodies but I just buy a good rotisserie chicken (like from Crisp and Juicy-a small local chain-Peruvian chicken).

:D

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this.

I like to roast mine on the grill with a can of beer shoved up it's azz-very tasty and tender. Rub the outside with your favorite seasonig, cut the top of the beer can pour out/drink half the beer and then put some seasoning and other spices in the leftover beer and this will evaporate and season the inside of the chicken to the outside-plus it's fun to do as well.

I like to roast mine on the grill with a can of beer shoved up it's azz-very tasty and tender. Rub the outside with your favorite seasonig, cut the top of the beer can pour out/drink half the beer and then put some seasoning and other spices in the leftover beer and this will evaporate and season the inside of the chicken to the outside-plus it's fun to do as well.

I'll do that too when time allows.

I even have a stand for it.

Crisp and Juicy rocks!

I bought one of those Weber chicken roaster gadgets for making beer can chicken. I now do chicken with all different types of rubs and flavorings. Wine and beer being the predominant liquids but I've tried apple and orange juice, both of which came out OK. The gadget can be used in either the grill or the oven. It's the only way I'll roast chickens now.

i do my chicken a lot like my basic turkey. i change up herbs, don't stuff the bird (but you can), cut back on ingredients, don't roast as long...... and do a variation of a pan sauce.

edit: it takes about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hrs depending on size and temp cooked. also remember to truse the bird.

Edited by Bier Meister

FYYFF!!!!

Ever since you said this I've been craving Crisp and Juicy. You are now on Ms Cid's chit list because I'm making her stop and pick some up for dinner tonight.

My oven has a rotisserie but never used it-it would require actually reading the manual. Is it worth doing? If so what meat is best in an oven rotisserie?

My oven has a rotisserie but never used it-it would require actually reading the manual. Is it worth doing? If so what meat is best in an oven rotisserie?

Def worth it. Brine a chicken a slap that baby on there.

last night I roasted a chicken the way I ususally do:

Preheat oven to 375

a dash of olive oil on the chicken, a few bits of butter, salt, pepper, soy sauce, lemon juice and stuff the lemon, garlic, and anything else close by into the chicken.

make a broth with the gizzards, and all vegetables and left overs close at hand (in this case garlic, onions, carrots, dash of soy sauce, red pepper, zuchinni, salt) let simmer for as long as you are cooking the chicken.

cover chicken with tin foil, baste regularly.

cook at 500 for the last 15 minutes.

combine broth and dripppings, mix thoroughly, transfer to a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes and seperate fat from gravy

It was perfect. However I am sure there are some tricks/ingredients that some of you could recommend for future roastings, I grow tired of this method...

I know my white trash side will come out, but instead of olive oil or butter, try mayonnaise. Really, it's good.