[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emmitt to Join Parcells on ESPN

Randall

ESPN.com news services

BRISTOL, Conn. -- Emmitt Smith is the latest former member of the Cowboys orgaznization to join ESPN.

The former Dallas Cowboys running back has been hired by ESPN as a studio analyst for its NFL pregame coverage. Earlier this month, former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells also joined ESPN.

Smith, the National Football League's all-time leading rusher, will appear on the network's NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown shows. He will also appear as an analyst on ESPN Radio and ESPN.com.

"I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and insight of football with the fans of the NFL," Smith said in a statement. "I am excited to be joining the ESPN family, particularly the highly respected Countdown crews."

Smith will join Chris Berman, analysts Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson and Ron Jaworski, and reporter Chris Mortensen on NFL countdown. He, Berman, Jackson, Mortensen and analyst Steve Young will do the Monday Night Countdown show each week from the site of the Monday Night Football game.

Parcells also will be part of the Monday night broadcast and will appear on other programs, contribute weekly columns to ESPN.com and co-host a radio show with Mortensen on Friday evenings.