[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Jones

CarryTheRock

Found this

This is what I originally got...

The Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that the Cowboys are shopping Julius Jones. It has been heard that the Cowboys are looking for a 3rd or 4th round pick for the 25 year old RB.

But I could not find anything on the Daily News site.

I'd be happy to see JJ gone. I don't like his style of running. I'd rather have a guy that is going to get me yardage on every play than a guy that is going to break a big one every now and then, but is also going to lose yardage or rush for no gain on 1/3 of his carries. I've never liked east/west speed guys. Give me a guy that will slam it up the middle.

MBIII would be the #15 RB at best if he had the full gig. So Im not sure off the charts, but higher than its been.

MB III was the 14th best RB in 2006 under standard performance scoring, 9 pts less than the 10th best RB. So you're saying the departure of a RB (Jones) who leaves 146 FF pts on the table would DROP Barber a spot?

:D

MB III was the 14th best RB in 2006 under standard performance scoring, 9 pts less than the 10th best RB. So you're saying the departure of a RB (Jones) who leaves 146 FF pts on the table would DROP Barber a spot?

:D

That is exactly what I was thinking. Barber was the 19th best in our standard permformance with PPR....but only 15 points out of 15th place. If Jones goes, it sure seems like his ceiling would be better than the 15th best FF RB.

Link

mention of the JJ rumor is about 3/4 of the way down with some other snippets.

Paul Domowitch is a pretty reliable source, and is often on Sirius NFL Network as a guest. Be interesting to see if the Bills, Titans or Panthers make a run at him.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Link

Paul Domowitch is a pretty reliable source, and is often on Sirius NFL Network as a guest. Be interesting to see if the Bills, Titans or Panthers make a run at him.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills take a run at him.

Not sure about some of you older/more experienced/more knowledgable Huddlers, but I do notever recall a game of "Runningback Roulette" like is taking place in this offseason. And with guys like Dillon, Chris Brown, and even Michael Turner still out there, we're not finished yet.

Not sure about some of you older/more experienced/more knowledgable Huddlers, but I do notever recall a game of "Runningback Roulette" like is taking place in this offseason. And with guys like Dillon, Chris Brown, and even Michael Turner still out there, we're not finished yet.

Yeah ...this is the most trading I think I have ever seen.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Barber was the 19th best in our standard permformance with PPR....but only 15 points out of 15th place. If Jones goes, it sure seems like his ceiling would be better than the 15th best FF RB.

Lets see, I think its fair to say Alexander, Portis, Henry, Maroney, who all scored less than Barber will surpass him this yr. Id also add R Brown, Edge, T Jones, and even potentially Magahee to that list. Next add the usual suspects, LT, LJ, SJ, Westy, Gore, Parker, Addai, Bush. And I also think MJD and Peterson are nice bets to surpass MB, so yes 15th is probably the best case scenerio. I also think barber could suffer being an every down back, not fresh at the goal line which could decrease his TDs.

IMO - beats Chris Brown. My guess is that they buy low, and draft Lynch.

That's what I want to happen...trade down get some more picks and still draft the kid. It would be a win..win in my book.

Brown can be signed though...we would have to give up draft picks for Jones.

Edited by hause62

Nothing would make me happier than freeing up MBIII as the #1 in Dallas.

I have a potential of 4 guys to decide between for my 2 keepers next year and all are bargain basement and cheap. They are: Maroney, MB III, Benson and Jacobs. All seem to be shaping up nicely since the guy that used to be RBBC with these is gone (JJ still pending and of course the Giants signed Droughns but it looks good to me).

I have a potential of 4 guys to decide between for my 2 keepers next year and all are bargain basement and cheap. They are: Maroney, MB III, Benson and Jacobs. All seem to be shaping up nicely since the guy that used to be RBBC with these is gone (JJ still pending and of course the Giants signed Droughns but it looks good to me).

My 4 would be Taylor, T. Jones, Deuce, and MBIII...no superstars there.

Link

I'm surprised to see the Panthers listed here, especially as a DeAngelo owner in a keeper league. I'm hoping this is a type-o and was supposed to be the Packers???? :D

Lets see, I think its fair to say Alexander, Portis, Henry, Maroney, who all scored less than Barber will surpass him this yr. Id also add R Brown, Edge, T Jones, and even potentially Magahee to that list. Next add the usual suspects, LT, LJ, SJ, Westy, Gore, Parker, Addai, Bush. And I also think MJD and Peterson are nice bets to surpass MB, so yes 15th is probably the best case scenerio. I also think barber could suffer being an every down back, not fresh at the goal line which could decrease his TDs.

Your just funny sometimes :D .

I'm surprised to see the Panthers listed here, especially as a DeAngelo owner in a keeper league. I'm hoping this is a type-o and was supposed to be the Packers???? :D

No typo--with DeAngelo having proven almost nothing last year (other than that he is more than capable of being injured in a part-time role), and Foster proving more than ever that the fork is in him, JJ to the Panthers seems one of a few logical destinations.

I would not mind my Lions making a run at him either depending on what he makes.

according to rotoworld he'll make $460,000 this year and become a free agent at the end of the season. The free agent part does'nt seem right to me...I thought he signed for 5 or 6 years..but the idea of shipping him now (if the right deal comes along ) makes more sense to me if his contract is up after this season.