[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

finally got grilling weather in the mid-Atlantic

Muggsy

What's your favorite grill recipe for steaks?

I have a blend of seasonings I use, and finally got the blend just right. I bought a shaker jar from Bed Bath and Beyaond to put the three seasonings into-works great.

Package wise-If you can find McCormicks Cracked Pepper Corn seasoning it's out of this world(if ya like black pepper).

Mines pretty simple, I use a blend of seasonings and then work it into the meat. Get the grill up to about 900 degrees and then sear it. Perfection.

Well almost, ideally I'd like it to get up to about 1600 but my grill won't go that high. I think Sundaynfl has a pimp ass grill that will though.

allways hard to pick a favorite. some combos i like:

cajun and mesqite

porccini powder and parm

cherry powder w/ cayenne

citrus/pepper

montreal

maple/ancho

edit: also like using misc marinades. when being more simplistic- infused oil and s&p

Edited by Bier Meister

Oooo, yer a little panty waist that's afraid of a little cold or rain.

Be a man and git yer ass out there and grill!

buy good steak at butcher (1.75 - 2 inches thick)

rub in a little olive oil, and throw on kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

let steak come to close to room temp

bring Egg to 750-800 degrees

sear each side of steak for a minute

take steak off, cover with foil on plate

meanwhile, bring temp of Egg down to 400 degrees (takes about 20 mins)

cook steak about 4 mins per side and let rest.

you now have delicious med rare steaks. sometimes I melt a little garlic butter on them.

Edited by untateve

buy good steak at butcher (1.75 - 2 inches thick)

rub in a little olive oil, and throw on kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

let steak come to close to room temp

bring Egg to 750-800 degrees

sear each side of steak for a minute

take steak off, cover with foil on plate

meanwhile, bring temp of Egg down to 400 degrees (takes about 20 mins)

cook steak about 4 mins per side and let rest.

you now have delicious med rare steaks. sometimes I melt a little garlic butter on them.

This may be the year he talks me into one of these little blast furnaces.

It is useless to resist the power of the Egg.

Just to let you know steve, I was in a BBQ throwdown last weekend where three eggs were being used(out of 15 contestants). Though they looked cool and actually cooked incredibly well my two Weber H2O Smoker/Grills took the blue ribbon in beef and the red ribbon in yardbird. I will say this if it wasn't for my eggspert feel and technique and masteful dry rub approach the eggs might have faired better. The Eggmen were not happy campers to say the least. So to me it is the cook and not the cooker that makes all food taste better

Just to let you know steve, I was in a BBQ throwdown last weekend where three eggs were being used(out of 15 contestants). Though they looked cool and actually cooked incredibly well my two Weber H2O Smoker/Grills took the blue ribbon in beef and the red ribbon in yardbird. I will say this if it wasn't for my eggspert feel and technique and masteful dry rub approach the eggs might have faired better. The Eggmen were not happy campers to say the least. So to me it is the cook and not the cooker that makes all food taste better

I would agree. I can only imagine how wonderful your food would have been if you had an Egg.

I would agree. I can only imagine how wonderful your food would have been if you had an Egg.

thought the same thing bro, but to buy one I would have had to win another category and then still break into my piggy bank. Though the thought is there, that is for sure

I have the wife convinced that we should buy an Egg to augment the Weber gas grill I have. I've wanted to get into smoking meats for a while now and the Egg seems like the way to go.

I have the wife convinced that we should buy an Egg to augment the Weber gas grill I have. I've wanted to get into smoking meats for a while now and the Egg seems like the way to go.

I'm sure you've smoked your share of meat :D Hey it's "Ghey Week"-enjoy.

Very good info here.

If beethoven is playing his 9th symphony on a Schroder from Peanuts piano, it can only sound so good. You put beethoven on a grand piano, crafted my a master, and the music will be so wonderful it will make you cry.

How much does an egg go for ?

As my curiousity has been piqued and my pants tightened ( sorry ghey week )

under a grand, but the eggmen will "cometh" with eggzact info for ya soon. I say "cometh" because as PD says "it is ghey week after all"

How much does an egg go for ?

As my curiousity has been piqued and my pants tightened ( sorry ghey week )

Depends on the size. I have a large but there's an extra large out now. With all the extras and such, anywhere from $800 - $1000. If you're handy, there are capenter plans for you to build your own table. I'm not handy. I spent $400 on a table.

I know this all sounds expensive. However, if you really enjoy grilling/bbqing, and smoking, the Egg will surpass your hopes and expectations.

Some of the things I've done on the Egg:

seared steak at 750-800 degrees

cooked pizza

smoked ribs

smoked pork butt for 24 hours WITHOUT having to add fuel

pork loin

smoked onion bbq sauce

fruits and vegetables

Some of the things I plan to do on the Egg:

I'm working out a way to be romantic with my wife on the Egg

Be cremated in my Egg

Depends on the size. I have a large but there's an extra large out now. With all the extras and such, anywhere from $800 - $1000. If you're handy, there are capenter plans for you to build your own table. I'm not handy. I spent $400 on a table.

I know this all sounds expensive. However, if you really enjoy grilling/bbqing, and smoking, the Egg will surpass your hopes and expectations.

Some of the things I've done on the Egg:

seared steak at 750-800 degrees

cooked pizza

smoked ribs

smoked pork butt for 24 hours WITHOUT having to add fuel

pork loin

smoked onion bbq sauce

fruits and vegetables

Some of the things I plan to do on the Egg:

I'm working out a way to be romantic with my wife on the Egg

Be cremated in my Egg

This is good info , thanks