[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB Russell impresses in LSU pro day

Rockerbraves

If the Raiders complete the trade of Moss to GB for Rodgers do they take Calvin Johnson or trade down?

That's the million dollar question. Can they afford to roll with Rodgers, Walters, and Sopo as their QB's???? Who is going to teach them how to play QB? Who is their franchise QB from that bunch? Rodgers has never started, Walters started a couple games last season but played on his ass, and Sopo I dont recall playing much either. While bringing in Russell will not bring in experience, it will increase the talent level at your QB position and give you that franchise QB.

Note: I am biased because if the Raiders pick CJ at #1 I might scream. He needs to fall to the Bucs at #4.

Absolutely not. Daunte Culpepper had the same size and arm-strength and ran a 4.55 at his combine, and he wasn't even close to being the number one pick.

Who was the number one pick Culpepper's draft year? Until recently Culpepper was considered a top NFL QB, wouldn't you agree?

If the Raiders complete the trade of Moss to GB for Rodgers do they take Calvin Johnson or trade down?

Are you kidding?? If this happens there is NO WAY they pass on Johnson. In fact if anything that trade helps them set the Johnson pick up. Rogers is far from proven either way but wasn't a 1st rounder for nothing, and passing on (supposedly) the best WR to come out in years - not to mention Davis' love for the long ball and aversion to drafting QBs high -

It's a lock. Easily.

IMO, Calvin Johnson is going to wear silver and black unless there is a contract dispute. Doesn't matter if Moss is traded or not.

Oakland does not want to gain Rodgers in the trade with GB.

Up until his final college regular season game, Andrew Walter was ranked higher than both Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers as an NFL prospect. Walter was a top 5 over-all draft pick. His late season shoulder injury caused doubts on his return, thus the drop to the third round.

Oakland already has thier QB of the future. Definitely need some OL help and OL coaching though.

Edited by Riffraff

Who was the number one pick Culpepper's draft year? Until recently Culpepper was considered a top NFL QB, wouldn't you agree?

1 1 Tim Couch Browns QB Kentucky

2 2 Donovan McNabb Eagles QB Syracuse

3 3 Akili Smith Bengals QB Oregon

4 4 Edgerrin James Colts RB Miami (FL)

5 5 Ricky Williams Saints RB Texas

6 6 Torry Holt Rams WR North Carolina State

7 7 Champ Bailey Redskins DB Georgia

8 8 David Boston Cardinals WR Ohio State

9 9 Chris Claiborne Lions LB USC

10 10 Chris McAlister Ravens DB Arizona

11 11 Daunte Culpepper Vikings QB Central Florida

link to cool draft history site

Edited by CaptainHook

Culpepper was undervalued in the draft. IMO he should have gone number 5 overall behind McNabb, Edge, Holt and Bailey. My point is though that JaMarcus' combine numbers fall well short of what Culpeppers were. The original question was whether his combine results solidified his place at number 1, and I don't see how that could be the case. Jamarcus wasn't projected to be particularly fast to begin with, but his 40 time is significantly slower than the 4.7-4.8 range that I had previously seen him listed at.

Edited by Crazysight

"Up until his final college regular season game, Andrew Walter was ranked higher than both Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers as an NFL prospect. Walter was a top 5 over-all draft pick. His late season shoulder injury caused doubts on his return, thus the drop to the third round."

He also played horribly last year, even when not on his back. I don't see the Raiders feeling very comfortable with him as their top QB, but if they go for a QB in the draft they will likely trade down as there will be a lot of potential suitors who will be eager to move up to attain Johnson.

Jamarcus wasn't projected to be particularly fast to begin with, but his 40 time is significantly slower than the 4.7-4.8 range that I had previously seen him listed at.

Significantly slower? Russell 40-yard time was clocked at 4.83 seconds the only time he ran it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2799504

"I'm not going to get into specifics right now, but he had a

great day," Oakland Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said of Russell.

When asked if Russell helped himself, Kiffin didn't hesitate.

"Oh yes, definitely," he said. "Obviously, at some point, by

not working out at the combine he needed to work out for us to see

him in person. We were definitely on the same page here and he

definitely helped himself."

Here's a college highlite video of JaMarcus in action. Keep in mind he played in the SEC vs. whatever conference Culpepper played in. Imagine how many more highlites he would have if he stuck around for his senior season. The kid had all the god given tools to be a All Pro type NFL QB for years to come.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1h2m2_jamarcus-russell