[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints bringing in

SLAYER

Him and Brees had a connection 2 yrs. ago in SD.

They are very serious in getting a vet wr to help with the youngsters. I'm very interested in the money they are looking to lay out.

Cause sitting back now and looking at the way things are shaking out. IMO deep down I really think Payton did not want Horn being the vet leadership of the wr. and for the price, it was a way out. That is why I'm interested in what they are going to pay.

McCardell is certainly a veteran - he turns 38 at the end of this season and I believe is the oldest WR in the NFL. McCardell would only be a one year guy if he does play this year.

I'm not comfortable with them putting a large load on those two either.

If you are a Saints fan (and not an LSU fan) you will know that Henderson can absolutely fly - but can't catch very well. He drops a lot of passes.

Copper is a role player who did well last year, but really overachieved as a #2. He was supposed to be the #4 last year - Henderson does make a good #3 to stretch the field - but was forced into the role with the injury to Horn.

I would really like to see them bring in someone else, but was hoping for a Kevin Curtis or something. Oh well.

I don't want Jackson - we already have a bad-hands receiver in Henderson. Henderson is good in the open field though (converted RB at LSU).

Bottom line - the #2 for NO should put up pretty darn good numbers. Year #2 for Brees in this offense, we only have one CB on defense, and Colston will have a major adjustment taking on #1 CB's this year as a known commodity. Henderson will also put up pretty good numbers as well.

They are very serious in getting a vet wr to help with the youngsters. I'm very interested in the money they are looking to lay out.

McCardell is a very good veteren with experience that should rub off on those young Saints WR's. However, Keenan IS about the money. Lets not forget his little holdout with the Bucs a couple years back. Hopefully a one year contract worth the Vet min will bring him back down to earth.