[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets talk pastries

whomper

I love Chocolate Cannolis with powdered sugar. I also love La Sfogliatella which is commonly called a lobster tail..The filling in that is awesome.. What are some of your favorites ?

Edited by whomper

I love Chocolate Cannolis with powdered sugar. I also love La Sfogliatella which is commonly called a lobster tail..The filling in that is awesome.. What are some of your favorites ?

I experienced the food event of my lifetime in Florida before I left.

My company threw a big bash here. I'm no world traveler, but it is easily the most beautiful man-made place I have seen. The place was built by James Deering, in 1914-1916. He built the place overlooking Biscane Bay in Coconut Grove based on Italian villas he visited earlier in his life.

Anywho, the food was every bit up to the standard of the location. Dessert was a hugh spread of Viennese pastries that were out of this world. The chocolate cinnimon cannolis were dynamite. There were probably 10 or 12 varieties and I tried most of them - all a tier (or 12) above anything else I have ever had. :D There was a fresh blackberry something or other with an uber-flakey crust that "made it move." :tup: There was also bananas and strawberries flambe. :D

The main meal was exceptional as well. Fancy schmancy salad of romas, buffalo mozerella, roasted peppers and vinagerette. Fire-grilled filets with something & leek mashed taters and honey-glazed veggies were the main course. It was all amazingly good for a catered meal.

I felt very out of place at this jacket and tie affair, but it was a memorable evening because of the location. If any of you like architecture, old school gardens or sculpture, make it a point to visit Vizcaya when you are in Mami. My only regret was that my wife was not there to share the experience with.