[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Scams

theeohiostate

If you get an email from Brian Harwood, delete it. This clown has been parading around message boards and sending out thousands upon thousands of emails for people to join his leagues............ :D

Only problem is, when you join and pay your entry fee you'll notice the total collected and total payouts don't match at all. He's charging $70 to run his league, plus he's playing in them free. That's well over $100 he's banking from morans like me that decided to give his league a try.

:tup:

I posted my thoughts about this, i expect he'll boot me from his league and steal my money. :D

Well, I've been running a local league for some years and wanted to give away the commissioner's spot to someone in the league. After 16yrs. it gets to be a little much. I wanted to just sit back and play without all the BS. The owners wanted me to stay on mainly because nobody wanted to do the little bit of work involved so I said I would or the league would have been over. When I handed my money to the tres. he handed it back and said they took a vote and I don't pay so, I guess in a way I'm kinda guilty of the same thing. I don't charge but, kind of guess since I don't pay, I do. :D

Well, I've been running a local league for some years and wanted to give away the commissioner's spot to someone in the league. After 16yrs. it gets to be a little much. I wanted to just sit back and play without all the BS. The owners wanted me to stay on mainly because nobody wanted to do the little bit of work involved so I said I would or the league would have been over. When I handed my money to the tres. he handed it back and said they took a vote and I don't pay so, I guess in a way I'm kinda guilty of the same thing. I don't charge but, kind of guess since I don't pay, I do. :D

Big difference. The league said you didn't have to. Your not hiding behind the fine print, it's all out in the open.

Good for you, a good commish should get a small fee, but to not disclose the information is where i have the problem

Big difference. The league said you didn't have to. Your not hiding behind the fine print, it's all out in the open.

Good for you, a good commish should get a small fee, but to not disclose the information is where i have the problem

So his pratices were spelled out, be the print fine or not? I don't agree with him MAKING money in addition to playing for free but you seem to indicate you just didn't read the fine print and now are wishing you had.

Big difference in you inferring he is a crook.

Take a vote and veto it, you're good at that. :D

I'd say a token threat to report him to his state's gaming commissioner should prompt a quick refund. I believe what he is doing would be considered gaming in most jurisdictions, which is why most commissioners don't take a cut of the action or try to participate themselves without paying equal consideration [and certainly aren't stupid enough to broadcast it if they are, in some small informal league].

I'd say a token threat to report him to his state's gaming commissioner should prompt a quick refund. I believe what he is doing would be considered gaming in most jurisdictions, which is why most commissioners don't take a cut of the action or try to participate themselves without paying equal consideration [and certainly aren't stupid enough to broadcast it if they are, in some small informal league].

Yep. Take him to school, TOS! :D

To add to this: if he's collecting ANY money from someone outside his state it becomes Federal, not just the in-state gaming commission. Now, there may or may not be a Fed law against this, but does he know?