[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

crockpot breakfast?

frenzal rhomb

I need breakfast for six after the Anti Flag show Good Friday - anybody have any suggestions for a breakfast for six growing boys after a night of drinking and dying for our govt???

I don't really have a "crockpot recipe" but here's a good one to make the night before then shove in the oven the next day.

Here's what I usually make, it's quick and easy:

6 eggs

1 cup half and half

2 tablespoons green onions, chopped

Salt and pepper

Butter to grease pan

6 slices of Texas Toast (thick cut, crusty white bread)

1 pound spicy pork sausage, cooked and drained of fat

1 cup of bacon crumbles

1 cup grated Cheddar cheese

In a small bowl, beat the eggs until they loosen up. Add the half and half, and green onions. Mix well, highly season with salt and pepper and set aside.

Butter a 12 by 10-inch baking pan. Line the pan with the bread, cutting and rearranging, if needed. Sprinkle the bread with the cooked sausage, bacon, and cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the entire pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook covered for 25 to 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.

Edited by twiley

I don't really have a "crockpot recipe" but here's a good one to make the night before then shove in the oven the next day.

6 eggs

1 cup half and half

Salt and pepper

Butter to grease pan

1 cup of bacon crumbles

In a small bowl, beat the eggs until they loosen up. Add the half and half, and green onions. Mix well, highly season with salt and pepper and set aside.

Butter a 12 by 10-inch baking pan. Line the pan with the bread, cutting and rearranging, if needed. Sprinkle the bread with the cooked sausage, bacon, and cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the entire pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook covered for 25 to 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.

we usually go ham.....but the spicy pork sausage sounds better......of course i like biscuits & gravy better then ham & cheese omlet anyday......... :D

• 3 weeks later...

6 eggs

1 cup half and half

Salt and pepper

Butter to grease pan

1 cup of bacon crumbles

My church youth group makes that for a fund raiser on Easter morning. My kids loved it and wanted me to start making it at home but I didn't have the actual recipie (although I knew the basic instructions). Thanks for posting it.

My church youth group makes that for a fund raiser on Easter morning. My kids loved it and wanted me to start making it at home but I didn't have the actual recipie (although I knew the basic instructions). Thanks for posting it.

One thing I'll add, oven temps vary so right around the 25-30 min mark stick a knife in the middle and see if it's still runny. If it is, let it go another few minutes. Kids aren't big on runny eggs. :D