[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas signs WR, negotiating with Hamlin

Following Tuesday's workout at The Ranch, the Cowboys agreed to terms with free-agent wide receiver Jamel Richardson, the three-year CFL veteran.

Richardson, the free agent who decided not to re-sign with a CFL team. In 2½ seasons with the Saskatchewan Roughriders (39 games) - he played only four games in 2006 after breaking bones in his foot - he caught 113 passes for 1,471 yards and four touchdowns. But two of those touchdowns came in last season's first four games when he was averaging 16.9 yards a catch.

Thursday the club began negotiations with veteran free safety Ken Hamlin, and was planning to extend talks into the night in an effort to get him under contract following his Wednesday visit

Hamlin is a liability in coverage. dallas shouldnt spend big money on him. They need a center fielder back there, not Hamlin.

Yep, agreed. One S who couldn't cover a turtle on a route is as many as any respectable NFL team should start...

i live north of the border and get all the CFL games. ...and i have to ask, who is Jamel Richardson and who cares?

:takingoffJamelRichardsonjersey: :D :takingoffJamelRichardsonjersey:

Edited by whomper

What in the heck are the cowboys thinking?? They now two of the very worst cover safeties in the NFL. Fans will LOVE Hamlin, the guy flat brings it, but will not make the cowboys a better team IMO.

very impressive. what other Canadian stereotypes have you learned? did you know that we all play hockey and participate in the annual seal hunt?

And have pet beavers that they dress up in little red shirts that say "I AM CANADIAN"

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Hmmmmm...let's see. How will we beat the Cowboys twice again this year? Oh, I know. We'll throw deep down the middle of the field. Roy "toast" Williams, and Ken "street sign" Hamlin can't cover a bed with a sheet.

Hmmmmm...let's see. How will we beat the Cowboys twice again this year? Oh, I know. We'll throw deep down the middle of the field. Roy "toast" Williams, and Ken "street sign" Hamlin can't cover a bed with a sheet.

I got an idea, blitz the shi*t out of the Birds with Roy and Ware, and make one of those WR actually catch the ball in front of a CB. :D

I got another idea, draft Reggie Nelson to play FS, and go to a 3-3-5 defense. rushing either Ware or Roy or Hamlin and keeping 4 back in coverage, 3 being CB and a FS that can actually cover. Hamlin will bring options to the Dallas D, if this isnt the end of their moves. If it is, we are toast.

You just watched your best QB sign with another team