[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carr released

Randall

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way he signs with Oakland.

This is exactly where I think he goes and then they draft CJ. Like someone else said they can see him in Minny by the end of this week. I can see him in Oaktown in even less time. That would also free them up to ship Moss out.

Kansas City?

Huard's the man there now for the very immediate future and Croyle is just waiting in the wings.

Minnesota, Washington, Miami, and Oakland could all probably use him.

Not that he's the greatest QB in the world, but he's proven he can withstand some punishment. Perfect 2 year stopgap for a team that needs one.

Huard's the man there now for the very immediate future and Croyle is just waiting in the wings.

Uhhh... I'm a pretty big KC homer. You're a noob so it's ok that you don't know that.

I should have been clearer.

I'd be a big fan of bringing him to KC to battle Huard and Croyle...especially if we ship Green to MIA.

I've never been impressed with Carr. Even when he does have time in the pocket, he can't make the tough throws. he settles for checkdowns way too much. He reminds me a lot of Rob Johnson.

The Childress KAO is all about checkdowns. As long as he can complete the 4 yard pass he'd be perfect here. :D

Because Carr has already played for an incompetently-run organization (no offense) and probably doesn't want to play for another. MIN and KC are much better bets, IMO.

Id lay odds he doesnt end up in Minnesota. Like I previously stated, Oakland would be first on my list (in addition to the previous reasons, who does he have to beat out.....Walter?) and then KC ( I would think he would come in behind Huard AND Croyle, just due to the unfamiliarity of the offense.

I've never been impressed with Carr. Even when he does have time in the pocket, he can't make the tough throws. he settles for checkdowns way too much. He reminds me a lot of Rob Johnson.

He does check down a lot, but that can be inderstandable considering all of the punishment he has taken. I can understand not being impressed (especially when you get to watch Peyton every week), but I think the Rob Johnson comparison is a little unfair.

Why is it that no one mentions GB as needing a QB? Favre is just waiting to have an old man injury and that backup apparently sucks ...

That(Rogers) isn't yet determined but I agree. I'd work him out and see.

I'd say that shows respect for Carr - let him negotiate his own deal as he sees fit despite being able to probably get a 2nd day pick for him in a trade.

eh, nah, i'm thinking what it shows is pretty much just ineptitude. i have no doubt whatsoever that if they COULD have got value for carr, they WOULD have got value for carr.

How could they not have gotten a freaking draft pick for Carr before the Schaub trade? Who in their right mind wouldn't give up a 7th-rounder for a young guy with a good arm? What were the Texans asking for, a freaking second-rounder? :D

My God, these guys are absolutely awful at negotiating trades...

I'd go more with number two...they've paid him $35M over five years...that's enough respect.

That is the correct answer.

LINK

Officially out: Carr released by Texans

By JOHN MCCLAIN

Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

After weeks of trying to get a draft choice for quarterback David Carr, the Texans released the five-year veteran, making him an unrestricted free agent who can sign with any team in the league.

The Texans also released running back Domanick Williams (formerly Davis), their all-time leading rusher who has been unable to play because of a knee injury.

The team traded a second-round draft choice in next month's draft and a second-round pick in the 2008 draft to Atlanta for quarterback Matt Schaub on Wednesday. The Texans also swapped first-round picks (from 8th to 10th) with the Falcons in this year's draft. The Texans announced Schaub as their starting quarterback during a news conference on Thursday.

Mike Sullivan asked Texans general manager Rick Smith to release Carr. Owner Bob McNair said on Thursday that Carr had done right by the Texans, and they would do right by him. Smith had been trying to trade Carr. He asked Sullivan to see if he could find a team willing to make a deal. Neither succeeded.

Rather than force Carr to wait until the draft or afterward hoping they could get a late pick, the Texans did what Sullivan asked and released him.

"We appreciate the Texans allowing David to move on with his career in a speedy manner," Sullivan said. "All the teams we've talked to know that Dave's been released. Now we're waiting to see how much they're interested in him."

"I've been with David ever since he came into the league, and it's going to be strange to go into the locker room and not see him," said McKinney, the first free agent the Texans signed. "I wish him the best. He won't be on the street for long."

Minnesota and Oakland are interested in Carr. Miami is close to working a trade with Kansas City for quarterback Trent Green. Cleveland could enter the picture.

Carr, the No. 1 overall selection in the 2002 draft, never guided the expansion Texans to a winning record. The Fresno State product's Texans tenure was bumpy to say the least. He was sacked 249 times, more than any quarterback in te NFL over the past five seasons.

Carr, who missed only four starts in five seasons — all in 2003 - passed for 13,391 yards with 59 touchdowns and 65 interceptions. The Texans were 22-53 in Carr's 75 starts.

This is exactly where I think he goes and then they draft CJ. Like someone else said they can see him in Minny by the end of this week. I can see him in Oaktown in even less time. That would also free them up to ship Moss out.

If you have your choice of Minny or Oakland, why would you pick Oakland? He is going to be on his ass the whole time just like in Houston.

If you have your choice of Minny or Oakland, why would you pick Oakland? He is going to be on his ass the whole time just like in Houston.

It least the ass won't be hitting thinly veiled concrete. :D

I don't know why the NFL network keeps saying the Vikings are interested in Carr. Here is what Childress said about him in an interview he did on KFAN the day before he was released and his value was a lot higher:

"I always struggled with where his release came from," Childress said. "It's kind of a drop-down, three-quarter, not overhand, over the top release. Just in the tape I've watched [since] he's been in the league, he can make some of the throws, he can't make all the throws. He gets some balls batted [down] at the line of scrimmage just because of where that ball comes from. ...

"He's a smart guy, he's a decent athlete but when you're buying a quarterback at this level and you kick the tires, there shouldn't be a lot of things that you're trying to straighten out."

eh, nah, i'm thinking what it shows is pretty much just ineptitude. i have no doubt whatsoever that if they COULD have got value for carr, they WOULD have got value for carr.

Actually it was the Owner McNair. He has a lot of respect for Carr. I hear he ordered the release so Carr would have a better chance of going to a team that could maybe use him as a starter. A classy move by McNair.

He'd pick Oakland because he'd start there for sure. Tavaras Jackson just might beat him out in Minny, so going there is more of a risk of not starting.