[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carr released

Randall

Have you looked at the WRs currently on the Vikings roster?

Exactly and if Carr goes to Oak. then they draft CJ for sure. That's a nice weapon to start with. Who are the Minny WRs again? :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly and if Carr goes to Oak. then they draft CJ for sure. That's a nice weapon to start with. Who are the Minny WRs again? :D

I don't think you can say that if Carr goes to Oakland then CJ is a lock at the #1 slot. Yes, Oakland is the best place for a QB to go right now IF they want to start. However, its not that attractive of a place to play right now. Furthermore, they only have 2 QB's on the roster and neither are going to be the franchise QB they need. I don't see how adding Carr will help that situation much. He has not shown he can be a great NFL QB.

I bet they had better stats then the Oakland WR's last season...

Better running game and O-line too, which makes everything else better.

I bet they had better stats then the Oakland WR's last season...

Well Minnesota was ranked 18th in pass offense. Oakland was 32nd. Minnesota didn't have half the talent Oakland did. (in terms of Wide receiver and QB)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...ar?sort_col_1=8

Edited by Outshined

I don't think you can say that if Carr goes to Oakland then CJ is a lock at the #1 slot. Yes, Oakland is the best place for a QB to go right now IF they want to start. However, its not that attractive of a place to play right now. Furthermore, they only have 2 QB's on the roster and neither are going to be the franchise QB they need. I don't see how adding Carr will help that situation much. He has not shown he can be a great NFL QB.

He's pretty good at taking sacks. If he did that every play with that defense they would be better than last year.

No way he signs with Oakland.

Why not? He has a history with Kiffin and is from Cali, I think.

This is exactly where I think he goes and then they draft CJ. Like someone else said they can see him in Minny by the end of this week. I can see him in Oaktown in even less time. That would also free them up to ship Moss out.

03/29 19:02 Raiders: Carr on the radar

The News

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said the Raiders have spoken with representatives for unrestricted free agent quarterback David Carr, according to the Oakland Tribune. Kiffin was an offensive coach for two seasons at Fresno State while Carr was with the Bulldogs.

Our View

Carr is believed to have already been in contact with the Panthers and the Dolphins, and appears set on visiting Seattle as well according to The News Tribune. Still, the Raiders make a lot of sense for Carr. He could reunite with Lane Kiffin and his signing would mean that Raiders could look at Calvin Johnson with the top pick in the draft.

Carr is believed to have already been in contact with the Panthers and the Dolphins, and appears set on visiting Seattle as well according to The News Tribune.

Trent Dilfer apparently recommended Carr go visit Mike Holmgren to talk things over. Not sure the point of him being a backup Hasselbeck for a season, unless he wants to recharge his ego/body. There are minor concerns about Matt's body though as well.

Methinks he's getting lowballed by the teams that arguably need a starting QB the most, if the Raiders have even talked to his people.

03/29 11:59 Panthers: Carr and Harrington to visit

The News

The Panthers are slated to play host to free agent quarterbacks David Carr and Joey Harrington next week, the Charlotte Observer reported on Thursday. Head coach John Fox declined to comment on the report.

Our View

It's no secret that the Panthers are in the market for a new backup signal caller. They released former No. 2 quarterback Chris Weinke last month.

Trent Dilfer apparently recommended Carr go visit Mike Holmgren to talk things over. Not sure the point of him being a backup Hasselbeck for a season, unless he wants to recharge his ego/body. There are minor concerns about Matt's body though as well.

Methinks he's getting lowballed by the teams that arguably need a starting QB the most, if the Raiders have even talked to his people.

They were talking about this the other day on the NFL channel. Not taking away from hassel beck but I think car behind that o-line with alexander would be a freaking awesome position for him. It wouldn't happen but Holmgren is great pulling talent out of QBs.

They were talking about this the other day on the NFL channel. Not taking away from hassel beck but I think car behind that o-line with alexander would be a freaking awesome position for him. It wouldn't happen but Holmgren is great pulling talent out of QBs.

I don't know, Hass struggled early on with Holmgren's offense to the point of getting benched. The O-line isn't what it was 2 years ago SA is probably past his prime. The success of the WCO seems to be primarily dependent on consistency and familiarity of key personel. Branch and Burleson didn't exactly set the world on fire last year, while Djax (while healthy), Engram (while healthy), and Hackett seemed to perform just fine.

I'd like to get Carr for cheap as insurance/possible QB shot down the road. I'd really like to see Seneca Wallace move to a #3 QB so he could get out on the field. Seems like Minnesota, Tampa Bay, or Oakland really needs Carr more than Seattle.

Seems like Minnesota, Tampa Bay, or Oakland really needs Carr more than Seattle.

:D No, Tampa does not need Carr. We would run the risk of having 5 Qb's on the roster that started at least 3 games last season. (Simms, Gradkowski, Plummer, Garcia). Plus who knows, Gruden might just go ahead and draft Quinn. :D

:D No, Tampa does not need Carr. We would run the risk of having 5 Qb's on the roster that started at least 3 games last season. (Simms, Gradkowski, Plummer, Garcia). Plus who knows, Gruden might just go ahead and draft Quinn. :D

Forgot about those 2 guys.

Guess not. :D

What did you selectively pick posts I made in this thread? If so, why not pick this one which my most recent one.

03/29 11:59 Panthers: Carr and Harrington to visit

The News

The Panthers are slated to play host to free agent quarterbacks David Carr and Joey Harrington next week, the Charlotte Observer reported on Thursday. Head coach John Fox declined to comment on the report.

Our View

It's no secret that the Panthers are in the market for a new backup signal caller. They released former No. 2 quarterback Chris Weinke last month.

:D Right back at you kiddo!!

Edited by irish

He'd pick Oakland because he'd start there for sure. Tavaras Jackson just might beat him out in Minny, so going there is more of a risk of not starting.

I wouldn't be so sure. That organization is a complete mess and their O-line is terrible. In other words, it's a lot like the Texans (but worse) and I don't think that Carr wants to go to Houston West.

My feeling is that the starting job would be Carr's to lose and that Childress would prefer to break in Jackson slowly.

I wouldn't be so sure. That organization is a complete mess and their O-line is terrible. In other words, it's a lot like the Texans (but worse) and I don't think that Carr wants to go to Houston West.

My feeling is that the starting job would be Carr's to lose and that Childress would prefer to break in Jackson slowly.

:D:D:tup: