[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More on Turner

Popeye

As a Vikings fan I sure hope this doesn't happen.

As a Turner owner in several leagues, this would be an ideal situation for him. I don't think there would be a lot of splitting carries with Morency. Turner should be able to handle the workload all by himself.

As a Vikings fan I sure hope this doesn't happen.

Since you're a Vikings fan, what do you think of chester? We can keep two players for one year. Last year, I kept Peyton and SJax so I have to let them go. The only player left on my team that I would consider keeping is chester. ppr 6pt td I pick 11 and 14, since I placed 2nd in a 12 team league. I'm not sure whether or not I want to keep chester (who would be my first pick) or no one. I know this is mostly for fun since a lot could happen between now and August when I have to make a decision. Who knows, maybe the vikings will get a wr and qb... :D

In the SD Union-Tribune today:

A.J. Smith has put a first-and-third-round tag on Turner. That's a steep price to pay, but apparently there are some teams thinking about it. "There's lots of activity (on Turner), that's all I'm going to say, and I'm not telling you what teams are interested", Smith says. "Let's say it's still a one and a three right now." Smith doesn't need a backup running back more than he needs a safety or a wide receiver. The Chargers pick 30th overall, but if he can get more, he can really do some mining come draft day.

In the SD Union-Tribune today:

A.J. Smith says "Let's say it's still a one and a three right now."

Nice try.

But many fantasy owners prefer to believe some beat writer for Buffalo or some random FF messageboard poster over the GM of the Chargers. Even if he's said it multiple times over multiple months.

The latest from the Union Tribune:

CHARGERS' TURNER BEING PURSUED BY BILLS, COWBOYS, TITANS, JETS

By Kevin Acee

UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

March 31, 2007

The Chargers are dealing with four suitors for backup running back Michael Turner, sources said, and Turner's agent has spoken with at least one of those teams in hopes of getting a long-term deal done.

Buffalo, Dallas, Tennessee and the New York Jets have shown interest in acquiring the restricted free agent. All appear willing to part at least with a first-round draft pick, but sources indicated the Chargers are still seeking two picks – in the first and third rounds.

The New York Giants, who need a running back, also could enter the fray before next month's draft. A source said yesterday that contrary to numerous media reports, the Green Bay Packers have not shown interest in Turner.

Turner and his agent, Bus Cook, will have much say in where Turner ends up. No team is going to give up draft picks for Turner, 25, without first securing a long-term deal with him.

“I know in our mind what it's going to take to get him signed,” Cook said yesterday.

The agent denied contact with any teams, but multiple sources said he had spoken with at least one of the interested clubs. That is believed to be the Bills, who pick 12th in the first round and have two third-round picks.

The tender the Chargers placed on Turner earlier this month requires any team that signs him to a free-agent deal to give the Chargers a first-and a third-round pick. The Chargers would also have the right to match any offer Turner received, but with league MVP LaDainian Tomlinson as their starting tailback, they would instead take the draft picks.

As General Manager A.J. Smith knew it would be, the first-and-third tender has been too steep for potential suitors. While Smith is content to keep Turner (at a cost of $2.35 million for the 2007 season) as a fill-in and insurance, he is willing to trade Turner for the right price.

According to sources, the Chargers could be open to a first-rounder this year and a third-rounder next year, or a third this year and a first next year. Any team signing Turner as a free agent would have to give up the first and third in this year's draft, which would nearly wipe out the first day of its draft.

Smith declined to comment other than to say the price “is a one and a three right now. I'm flexible to all thoughts.”

Turner has not been attending the Chargers' voluntary workouts the past two weeks for fear of injuring himself before a trade can be worked out.

The Chargers would lose Turner for virtually nothing after the '07 season. On the other side, Turner and Cook also must decide whether they want to risk injury while playing out this season.

Nice try.

But many fantasy owners prefer to believe some beat writer for Buffalo or some random FF messageboard poster over the GM of the Chargers. Even if he's said it multiple times over multiple months.

Yeah, cuz the GM would never make comments in an attempt to push the price up and get the most that he can for him.

Since you're a Vikings fan, what do you think of chester? We can keep two players for one year. Last year, I kept Peyton and SJax so I have to let them go. The only player left on my team that I would consider keeping is chester. ppr 6pt td I pick 11 and 14, since I placed 2nd in a 12 team league. I'm not sure whether or not I want to keep chester (who would be my first pick) or no one. I know this is mostly for fun since a lot could happen between now and August when I have to make a decision. Who knows, maybe the vikings will get a wr and qb... :D

Childress just mentioned the other day that he doesn't want to run Chester into the ground like he did last year. He's going to ease Chester's workload. That could be a good thing for him. Do you have to decide now? I'd play it out and see what happens in the draft and into TC if possible.