[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unfounded speculation here about Detroit Lions

muck

Detroit has now added three OL since FA started. They also signed a couple of WRs, a RB, and have said publicly they are happy with their QBs.

Therefore, they're not going for JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson ... which nearly guarantees that they'll trade down and mabe take one of the nice d-linemen somewhere between 4-12.

Therefore, they're not going for JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson ... which nearly guarantees that they'll trade down and mabe take one of the nice d-linemen somewhere between 4-12.

I think of the 4 listed the 2 QBs are LEAST likely to be picked by Det.

Unless Big Al snatches Russell, I see both Russell and Quinn falling. How far, :D . You can never have too many good OLs IMO, so Det could either go with the consensus "best player in the draft" (if the Raiders pass on Johnson), the superb Joe Thomas, OR trade down like you say.

That scenario leaves Det with 3 pretty attractive options (well, to be fair, there are always only two options - use the pick or trade it, but you know what I mean), which isn't a bad place to be.

Detroit has now added three OL since FA started. They also signed a couple of WRs, a RB, and have said publicly they are happy with their QBs.

Or draft Peterson. DUH!

Or draft Peterson. DUH!

Probably not with all the RBs they have (KJ, Tatum, Calhoun, Duckett).

They are moving down. PFT has already reported the turned down Denver once.

Though they will probably move down to get Bowe or Ginn :D

Trading down is the right answer here for the Lions, even if it doesn't end up being equal by the Jimmy Johnson points scale. The Lions have too many holes to fill to not trade down.

+1 And I hope, for the Lions' sake, that they're smart about it. Then of course, Matt Millen is involved. :D

Trading down is the right answer here for the Lions, even if it doesn't end up being equal by the Jimmy Johnson points scale. The Lions have too many holes to fill to not trade down.

Depends on what we get in return. if it is as bad the Dre Bly trade we should just sit still and take Thomas.

Depends on what we get in return. if it is as bad the Dre Bly trade we should just sit still and take Thomas.

Dre Bly wasn't coming back to the team regardless. I ended up being a big Dre fan, but considering Dre's age and contract, the Lions did okay on that trade.

Dre Bly wasn't coming back to the team regardless. I ended up being a big Dre fan, but considering Dre's age and contract, the Lions did okay on that trade.

I could not disagree more about doing okay in that trade.IMO we traded our only excellent defensive player.

That being said I did not know he was gonna refuse to come back and if that is the case then you gotta get what you can. but what we got for him IMO does not help us at all.

If Millen were smart (does that make sense? - his previous drafts show otherwise), he would draft CJ#2, and then listen to trade offers and take the deal from the highest bidder. I mean it's not unheard of.. San Diego made out by drafting Manning and then trading him for much more! Or even if they were not able to find a taker, would he really be a bad player on that team.. - Nevermind. I think I answered my own question (Charles Rogers - Mike Williams). :D

If Millen were smart (does that make sense? - his previous drafts show otherwise), he would draft CJ#2, and then listen to trade offers and take the deal from the highest bidder. I mean it's not unheard of.. San Diego made out by drafting Manning and then trading him for much more! Or even if they were not able to find a taker, would he really be a bad player on that team.. - Nevermind. I think I answered my own question (Charles Rogers - Mike Williams). :D

:D

I could not disagree more about doing okay in that trade.IMO we traded our only excellent defensive player.

That being said I did not know he was gonna refuse to come back and if that is the case then you gotta get what you can. but what we got for him IMO does not help us at all.

Doc, I love reading your posts but I totally disagree with you about Bly. I would label him agood player but excellent is stretching it. I saw him get burned to many times as well as try running the ball out of the endzone on interceptions and get tackled on the 1 rather than taking a knee. He was hurt to much and he was a cancer in the locker room and always had problems with certain players. I am glad he is gone. Like Love said, he was gone anyways and I am glad the Lions got rid of him. Addition by subtraction IMHO.

I heard they were going to trade the #2 pick to the Vikings for Troy Williamson...:D

You know, if this was not the lions you were talkig about I would see this as a joke :D