[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grilled Cheese Restaurant

loaf

• 2 years later...

have been back several times with the most recent being today. they open at 11. got there at 11:30 Was tole we had a half hour wait for a table of 4. turned into 45 minutes. When we left, the wait was 2.5 hours.

January 25, 2010 will be their debut on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Opening the second location in Feb 2010 in the Cedar-Lee area of Cleveland Heights.

As much as I love this place, I wouldn't wait 2 hours for a sando from them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Local news did a story the other day. They offer a 25% discount for life if you get a tattoo based on their logo, so basically a tattoo of a grilled cheese sandwich. IIRC, they have served to about 30 people with a tattoo involving a Grilled Cheese. I'd like to try the food, but I'll skip the ink.

I'll probably wait until they are on the east side, I'm a good hour+ from Lakewood.

Local news did a story the other day. They offer a 25% discount for life if you get a tattoo based on their logo, so basically a tattoo of a grilled cheese sandwich. IIRC, they have served to about 30 people with a tattoo involving a Grilled Cheese. I'd like to try the food, but I'll skip the ink.

I'll probably wait until they are on the east side, I'm a good hour+ from Lakewood.

Gonk,

I'm an eastsider too, Chagrin Falls, the wife and I stopped there about a month ago on a weds. afternoon, 20 minute wait, great food and service. When it lands in Cleveland Hts I'll probably be a regular there as I work in South Euclid which is right next door.

I think they are over 50 with a melt tat...

• 1 month later...

I have had:

Smokey Russian

smoked turkey, fresh napa vodka kraut, smoked gouda, russian dressing

and

Blackened Chicken

cast iron blackened, grilled peppers & onions, provolone

and

Chorizo and Potato

spicy mexican sausage, potato hash, sharp cheddar

all on separate visits, of course. I asked if the doggie bag was included in the price of the sandwich since almost always, you take home half. They're that big. You also have to get the tomato soup. Outta this world

I thought the same thing, 'tastic. But they are placed in a pan (with a heaping amount of butter) on the stove then shot into the oven for finishing touches .... what isn't grilled cheese about that?