[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

September 9th Dallas vs. Giants

Kansas State 2000

Wow!! Couldn't have worked out any better for us Cowboy fans than an easy first game at home to start us off 1-0. :D:D

Edited by irish

have they announced any other games? i know the schedule comes out on april 5th.

Colts to open season at home vs. Saints

Story Tools:

Print Email Blog This

Associated Press

Posted: 8 minutes ago

PHOENIX (AP) - The Indianapolis Colts will open the NFL season on Thursday night, Sept. 6, with a home game against the New Orleans Saints.

In what has become a recent tradition, the Super Bowl winner hosts the opening game three days before the full schedule begins.

"The Colts are the Super Bowl champions and New Orleans obviously was a terrific story on and off the field for the league," commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday at the NFL meetings. "We felt it's a great game to highlight during the 2007 season."

Also, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, the Super Bowl MVP, is from New Orleans, and Manning was beaten out for the All-Pro quarterback spot by Saints QB Drew Brees last season.

The two national games for the full opening day of Sept. 9 will feature NFC champion Chicago at AFC West winner San Diego at 4:15 p.m. EDT, and the New York Giants at Dallas, both 2006 playoff teams, in the night game at 8:15 EDT.

As the league did a year ago, it scheduled a Monday night doubleheader to open the season. Baltimore will be at Cincinnati in the 7 p.m. EDT game, followed by Arizona at San Francisco at 10:15 p.m. EDT.

On Thanksgiving, Detroit's traditional home game will be against Green Bay at 12:30 p.m. EST. That will be followed by the New York Jets at Dallas at 4:15 p.m. EST.

The night game on Thanksgiving will have the Colts at Atlanta at 8:15 p.m., the first of the NFL Network's eight telecasts for late in the season.

Previously, the league scheduled the Miami Dolphins to host the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium in London on Oct. 28. It will be the NFL's first regular-season game outside North America.

The rest of the schedule will be announced in April.

On Thanksgiving, Detroit's traditional home game will be against Green Bay at 12:30 p.m. EST. That will be followed by the New York Jets at Dallas at 4:15 p.m. EST.

Niiiice...the Jets on Thanksgiving!! Thanks for that Shorttynaz.

Thursday, Sept. 6:

New Orleans at Indianapolis, 7:30 p.m., NBC

Sunday, Sept. 9:

Chicago at San Diego, 3:15 p.m., Fox

New York Giants at Cowboys, 7:15 p.m., NBC

Monday, Sept. 10:

Baltimore at Cincinnati, 6 p.m., ESPN

Arizona at San Francisco, 9:15 p.m., ESPN :D

Thanksgiving Day Thursday, Nov. 22:

Green Bay at Detroit, 11:30 a.m., Fox

New York Jets at Cowboys, 3:15 p.m., CBS

Indianapolis at Atlanta, 7:15 p.m., NFL Network

Edited by Kansas State 2000

:D:D:clap::clap: Your reputation here is well earned.

What the same reputation everyone has when they bust chops? But somehow I'm different from you and every other joker in here, NOT!!!! We all do it, so stop harping on my past like it's any different from most. I'm busting about the Giants and Cowboy rivalry and you start :D about my reputation being well earned. :D:tup: As I've told others give it a rest and let bye gones be bye gones. Moving on. :doh:

Wow!! Couldn't have worked out any better for us Cowboy fans than an easy first game at home to start us off 1-0. :D:D

My thoughts exactly, knocking of a Division foe to boot. This time around there won't be any Bledsoe to save them.......... :tup:

My thoughts exactly, knocking of a Division foe to boot. This time around there won't be any Bledsoe to save them.......... :D

No kiddin'!!! When Bledsoe threw his last pick right before the half trying to squeeze it in to Glenn I couldn't punched him in the grill I was so pissed!! :D

PHOENIX - Tom Coughlin barely hung onto his job after the Giants collapsed in the second half of last season. He tried to make it seem he was oblivious when there was so much speculation he was about to be fired. Clearly, it had an impact, because yesterday he compared the barrage of criticism to what Adolf Hitler received.

It was a regrettable and politically incorrect comparison, but just putting himself in the same sentence as Hitler shows the strain Coughlin was under and the degree he felt despised.

When he was asked at the NFC coaches breakfast by a football Web site reporter whether he paid attention to what was being said about him last season, Coughlin replied: "I hear some of it and I see it. You know (VP of communications Pat) Hanlon tells me about it, what's going on."

Then, he paused, and said, "Hitler and then me, in that order. Unfortunate, but it is."

Coughlin is on a short leash with the Giants despite making the playoffs the last two years. The Giants were 6-2 at the halfway point last season, struggled to finish 8-8, made the playoffs by a tiebreaker then lost in the wild-card round for the second year in a row.

The final two months of the season were filled with reports that Coughlin was coaching for his job. His daughter would call and tell him he had to read what was being said about him. The day after the season, he met with co-owners John Mara and Jonathan Tisch and was required to present a plan how he was going to make the team better.

Finally, three days after the playoff loss to the Eagles, the Giants announced that Coughlin was back with a one-year extension through the 2008 season. He has a must-win mandate.

For a proud man such as Coughlin, the speculation that he was about to lose his job bordered on humiliation. "It wasn't any fun," he said. "And to be honest with you, to go through that whole circumstance at the end of the season is embarrassing. It's embarrassing not only to me, but to my family. But I know it's part of the game. I admire ownership for the position that they took at the end of the season."

As far as what? "As far as me staying," he said. "It would have been easy to go the other way, according to what I understand."

He didn't let himself be disappointed about not being offered a long-term extension. "I think as it was explained to me, under the circumstances, that wasn't going to happen," he said.

Will Coughlin be the Giants coach in 2008?

No kidding! How many east-coasters are going to stay up on a Monday night to watch these two juggernauts? Maybe half a dozen. :D

I've got Gore and Fitz on the same team in a keeper league :D 1 down, 5 more to go for your half dozen.

Besides, after 8 months of no football, I'd sit outside in my skivvies until 3:00Am if it meant watching football. :tup:

Blowhards of a feather flock together, eh?

We went in to bid D last year & handed you guys your @$$es. My question is who are you going to blame this year when we beat you? The refs, Romo, or somehow Bledsoe again?

I remember returning the favor at the meadowlands

Actually you only beat us by 3 on a last second fg. We crushed you guys.

That was actually a hugh game in the meadowlands..At the time it was for the division..Then Dallas tanked and the Eagles streaked..