[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

September 9th Dallas vs. Giants

Kansas State 2000

:D

Look, a pissing contest at the kiddie urinal.

You all having fun arguing about who might be a contender to finish in 2nd place on Super Bowl Sunday?

We haven't discussed the Broncos yet. And I honestly don't think they'll come up when discussing playoff teams, especially ones contending for the Super Bowl. :tup::D

Edited by irish

We haven't discussed the Broncos yet. And I honestly don't think they'll come up when discussing playoff teams, especially ones contending for the Super Bowl. :D:D

Even though DEN didn't make the playoffs last year, they would have been, at worst, the 3rd best team in the NFC last year.

And if you don't think DEN doesn't belong on the list of legit contenders this coming season then you aren't paying attention to offseason moves at all. They still need an impact player on the D-line to be legit, IMO, but I'm hoping that Shanahan finally comes to his senses and realizes that the D-line is more than an afterthought and that he can't keep trying to luck out on other team's rejects there like he did in the SB years.

If he doesn't address the D-line early in the draft, DEN does not enter into SB contender talk. They'll score a hell of a lot of points & put up great O yardage numbers, but their D will put them on the road in the 1st round of the playoffs.

The official NFL 2007 season schedule will be released 3 p.m. (CDT) this Thursday.

Actually, I saw a blurb, I think at GBN, that said the release of the regular season schedule was going to be delayed - possibly to as late as April 19th.

Actually, I saw a blurb, I think at GBN, that said the release of the regular season schedule was going to be delayed - possibly to as late as April 19th.

And it's killing me as I'm headed to Chicago to see Dallas play this year and I wonder if it will be cold (October) or cold (December) for the game.

And it's killing me as I'm headed to Chicago to see Dallas play this year and I wonder if it will be cold (October) or cold (December) for the game.

Weather in Chicago during football season:

Up to September 14: Extremely hot, extremely high humidity, person will sweat through bedsheets even at 3:00 in the morning.

September 15-September 20, give or take 3 days: Beautiful fall weather, leaves turn, pleasant, even the alewives stop smelling quite so bad.

After September 20: Freeze your ass off, extremely windy, wind chill well into negative numbers, start of ice fishing season if fish could actually live in the Chicago River.

Hope that helps...

Even though DEN didn't make the playoffs last year, they would have been, at worst, the 3rd best team in the NFC last year.

Didnt they lose to a lower level 49ers NFC team at home with the playoffs on the line ?

Note: Lower level was not a shot directed at the 49ers it described them last year..The future looks bright there

Didnt they lose to a lower level 49ers NFC team at home with the playoffs on the line ?

Note: Lower level was not a shot directed at the 49ers it described them last year..The future looks bright there

So you willing to base the strength of a team on the outcome of one game?

Great, well, let's strip IND's title away & give it to HOU then. After all, IND did lose to HOU in week 16.

Great argument.

So you willing to base the strength of a team on the outcome of one game?

Great, well, let's strip IND's title away & give it to HOU then. After all, IND did lose to HOU in week 16.

Great argument.

No but if you claim they would be the 3rd best team in the NFC I would think

A. They would be good enough to make the playoffs

B. They would beat one of the lesser NFC teams at home with the playoffs on the line

Edited by whomper