[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redskins interested in Briggs?

What's difficult to believe about this deal is that the Bears have traditionally not allowed players to force their hands, instead they have in the past let the player sit out. Also, Angelo is more the trade down to stash picks type of GM, like in 2003. I'm not sure if he traded up with the Bucs, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't done so with the Bears.

Also, having just signed Archuleta would they trade up for Landry? If not, then who - a sliding Brady Quinn?

What's difficult to believe about this deal is that the Bears have traditionally not allowed players to force their hands, instead they have in the past let the player sit out. Also, Angelo is more the trade down to stash picks type of GM, like in 2003. I'm not sure if he traded up with the Bucs, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't done so with the Bears.

Also, having just signed Archuleta would they trade up for Landry? If not, then who - a sliding Brady Quinn?

Quinn is exactly who. Briggs as great as he is is replaceable in that defense. And Chicago doesnt want to pay him, so why not get a player that can potentially get them over the hump for him.

Though I still think Detroit takes Quinn. Why let a franchise QB pass for a LT, who could be a bust like the other white guy from the Big 10 playing outside. Im not sure that Ol has the speed to stop a speed rusher anyway, so why invest that much when better talent and options are available

Does this trade make much sense?

McIntosh did play a couple of games and his athletecism showed when he did. They rarely play rookies over there. I'm surprised they are going after a LB. He would be fine for a kid and they have other needs especially on the line. And safety. They could pick up a good D-lineman at the #6 spot.

I tend to doubt this trade, but the Skins have done the unexpected before.

• 3 weeks later...