[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there a stadium size requirement for DI-AA football programs?

wiegie

Google, yo.

Schools that have football are classified as Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) or NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA). Football Bowl Subdivision schools are usually fairly elaborate programs. Football Bowl Subdivision teams have to meet minimum attendance requirements (average 15,000 people in actual or paid attendance per home game), which must be met once in a rolling two-year period. NCAA Football Championship Subdivision teams do not need to meet minimum attendance requirements. Division I schools must meet minimum financial aid awards for their athletics program, and there are maximum financial aid awards for each sport that a Division I school cannot exceed.

There are scholarship requirements though, as outlined in the Division II section, that might prohibit them from jumping up immediately. :D

I found that cite and I saw that there aren't any attendance policies below DI-AA, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether there were facilities requirements.

(Also, I did learn that if you are a DI-A program and you average less than 15,000 fans then you get dropped into DI-AA.)

Montana State's stadium barely holds over 15,000, and that wasn't until upgrades in the past two years. Guess we won't be making the jump to 1-A anytime soon.

Edited by wirehairman

I found that cite and I saw that there aren't any attendance policies below DI-AA, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether there were facilities requirements.

The only thing I found on facility requirements is in hosting a playoff game. :D