[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lendale White trying out for OG?

Bronco Billy

link

Multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports this week that Titans running back LenDale White weighed in at over 260 pounds earlier this month while working out in the team's offseason program. It's believed to be the heaviest White has been since entering the NFL last season, and underscores the physical conditioning concerns many believe contributed to the former USC back slipping to the second round of the 2006 NFL draft. Clearly it's concerning news for Tennessee, which has seen its backfield options dwindle with Travis Henry signing with the Denver Broncos, and Chris Brown still floating around in free agency.

White owners ought to be seriously discouraged. His reputation for a lack of work ethic & laziness is why he dropped to the 2nd round of the draft to begin with - now this comes out.

TEN ought to be looking to shore up their RB situation awfully quickly here. White's the only game in town right now & the odds of C Brown coming back is slim & none (and apparently slim is out for RBs in TEN). That means they are going to end up with either a substandard FA backing White's fat arse up, or they're going to have to burn another high pick on a RB.

Pretty disappointing development for a team that finished the 2nd half of last year so strongly last season.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Can we call him Ron Dayne II?

:D

Did you miss Dayne's last 4 starts in HOU last season? White gained less yards last year than he currently weighs. Dayne hasn't done a hell of a lot for a high draft pick, but he sure hasn't sunk to the level of this turd.

:D

Did you miss Dayne's last 4 starts in HOU last season? White gained less yards last year than he currently weighs. Dayne hasn't done a hell of a lot for a high draft pick, but he sure hasn't sunk to the level of this turd.

Yep. I was speaking of the Ron Dayne that was part of the thunder thigh and lightening in New York.

Ok, how 'bout Ironhead II?? That a better name?

Yep. I was speaking of the Ron Dayne that was part of the thunder thigh and lightening in New York.

Ok, how 'bout Ironhead II?? That a better name?

Heyward had a 1000 yds rushing season. The only 1000 in White's future is the number of triple cheeseburgers he can eat in a year.

If you really need to compare White to someone, try Rosie O'Donnell or Moby Dick.

Edited by Bronco Billy

i passed on this fatty in my dynasty draft last year. took Ben Watson instead.

i may not be able to spot talent, but i can recognize lack of it.

Lack of talent? I think it is more lack of motivation, but iirc, he weighed about 253lbs during the rose bowl and ran wild pretty darn good on the longhorns......................................

Heyward had a 1000 yds rushing season. The only 1000 in White's future is the number of triple cheeseburgers he can eat in a year.

If you really need to compare White to someone, try Rosie O'Donnell or Moby Dick.

Sure you didn't mean eat in a week BB? 1000 in a year is definitely the under.

Lack of talent? I think it is more lack of motivation, but iirc, he weighed about 253lbs during the rose bowl and ran wild pretty darn good on the longhorns......................................

Archie Griffin was great in college, too.

And like Archie, LenDale hasn't shown anything in the pros - unless you want to count his ever-expanding ass & gut.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'm not worried about LenDale. He was reported to be fat last year and showed up weighing something like 230 lbs. The fact that he is participating in the team's off season workouts means he has made a commitment to get better. I think people are jumping the gun with LenDale.

(I hope...)