[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prime Time and the New Commish

cliaz

So I’m sitting on the coach and I flip over to NFL Channel just in time to see a clip showing Prime Time asking the new Commish how the NFL is going to put in place more programs to help these kids.

I’m thinking “what kids?” So I keep on watching and PT says something along the lines like “These kids didn’t have a Father growing up to show them right from wrong, to help them tie a tie and show them how to shave. So the NFL needs to understand when they do something like Pacman Jones that he doesn’t know better.”

I’m just shocked. There is not one person that lives here in the United States that doesn’t know carrying around a pistol and threatening people with it isn’t wrong.

I understand that a lot of these kids go from nothing to being millionaires and I agree that the NFL need to put in place more programs to show these kids how to save and invest their money instead of blowing it on huge houses, $$$ cars and lots of ice. I can see how a 22 year old can piss away millions of dollars simply because they don’t know. But making excuses for what PacMan did or Chris Henry has done like it’s not their fault or they didn’t know better is just crap.

I did not catch more of the interview because the twins were crying and the wife was pissed I was watching football on the offseason while two kids needed diapers changed. SO I pray that PT wasn’t serious about this or I misunderstood what they were getting at.

If it were up to me there would be a zero tolerance to this kind of crap. You pull something like that (pulling a gun out, being involved in a shooting) you are suspended for a season with no pay. Do it again and you are ejected from the league for life.

This thug mentality that is sweeping through the NFL is getting out of control and the NFL isn’t being harsh enough on it.

Well, come on...do you expect people to take charge of, and responsibility for their own lives, regardless of the hand they were dealt?

It makes me sick...the problem is NEVER the fault of the person. It always boils down to society and "why isn't" a certain organization or the goverment doing more.

Edited by The Wolf