[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Theisman should go back to his old TV gig

AtomicCEO

ESPN Classic is running a marathon of American Gladiators right now.

I'm not kidding. Change the channel! NOW! Watch it!

I had totally forgotten that Joe Theisman was a host of this show. His commentary is so much better for this than it ever was for SNF or MNF.

And when he says "The challenger got pushed off-balance, and that's all Gemini needs to get him out of the circle", no smart-ass monday morning quarterbacks question his commentary. He nailed that violation when Nitro took his hand off the pugel stick, and sure enough, the ref agreed with him.

Seriously though... turn off TLC and put on ESPN Classic right now. It doesn't get better than this.

it's funny, i was actually watching that marathon for a couple of episodes and thinking that joe was made for american gladiators. he was absolutely perfect for that show, it's just too bad the other guy got to interview malibu all the time.

Man - they really need to bring that show back. :D

There is a hole in the soul of television that only a roids popping, spandex wearing cat with a pugel stick can fill.

They should not only bring it back - but they should also have huddler week.

Closest thing these days is pros vs joes - and while there have been some good episodes - my overall rating averages out to 'meh'

There is a hole in the soul of television that only a roids popping, spandex wearing cat with a pugel stick can fill.

You know... I was watching the Gladiators, and none of them were as ridiculously huge as I remember.

Seriously, they were half the bulk of Barry Bonds. Weird how the more recent steroid abuses put things in perspective.