[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

M-Turner, D-Durner, all but gone...

McBoog

:D

With so much interest and apparently some 1s being offered, I can't see the Boltz passing up on this. I would be happy with a one... If AJ snags a one plus another day one pick.... :D:tup:

I think he would be worth it to the Titans in particular. Fisher is a great coach and Turner would take a lot of pressure off the young QB.

It would also make TEN look incredibly stupid to have let a proven featured RB go for nothing and then offer a 1st day pick - possibly a 1st rounder - for Turner, who has proven only that he's a very good backup for the best RB in the NFL.

I see no way TN do this. They have White and if they do this this would say their Scouting department head should be fired. AKA Pacman and White. I say give White a chance and see. I can see them keeping Turner and Turner going to highest bidder. Reason look at what happen to D. Edwards. They had a Saints 2nd rounder and they kept him. Now they get nothing. Then look at Drew Brees same thing. So I can see Turner being free next yr to go to what ever team he wants so why pay for a RB when you know history is on your side anyway.

I see no way TN do this. They have White and if they do this this would say their Scouting department head should be fired. AKA Pacman and White. I say give White a chance and see. I can see them keeping Turner and Turner going to highest bidder. Reason look at what happen to D. Edwards. They had a Saints 2nd rounder and they kept him. Now they get nothing. Then look at Drew Brees same thing. So I can see Turner being free next yr to go to what ever team he wants so why pay for a RB when you know history is on your side anyway.

maybe, but dont forget he was only a 2nd round pick. sometimes you miss, and have to move on. i'm not saying that's definitely the case, but you have to allow for that possibility. wasn't J.J. arrington a 2nd rounder. he was labeled a bust after not much work and the cards moved on

I think loyalboyd has that fat piece of crap White on his fantasy team - Turner is a stud and at 25 yrs old is worth the 19th pick in the draft and possibly another pick. Who would you rather have Lynch and his rap sheet at 19 or trade for Turner?

He was 260 pounds... Are you kidding?

What was his weight in the famous National Championship game. So hes what 7 pounds more. Everyone act like he cant lose that weight. The NFL workout schedule can make anyone lose weight if they put the effort into it. But again he was at something like 256 in the National Championship game and was a beast then.

The fact is that TEN has painted itself into a corner. They had a featured RB in Henry who gained 1200 yds in 13 starts last year, and they let him go for nothing. They completely alienated Chris Brown, so they can't go back there again. All other prominant FA RBs are gone except Dillon, who might work well for them in a pinch, except that he doesn't want to play nurse maid to White - he could have done that for Maroney with a better team.

But the question remains - why would TEN burn up a 1st rounder this year for a RB who has never been a featured RB before when they had a guy who would have put up 1400-1500 yds rushing if he were the featured RB all year that they could have resigned with no concession of a draft pick?

So now they are married to White, who shows up round instead of ready to work. If they sign Turner for a 1st rounder, they look incredibly stupid for letting Henry go in the first place, especially given that Henry proved he could run well in TEN and has a 1400 yd & 1300 yd season from BUF on his resume also. If they burn another high draft pick for a RB they start to look like DET & its quest for WRs. They don't have a lot of places to turn without ending up with some serious egg on their face.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Last year Chester Taylor went from the bench to starter and was pretty successful - Turner is far better then CTaylor so what is the problem with that? Also RBs that are in a offense with a Vick like QB (Vince Young) getting the advantage of the defense spreading out because they are afraid of what the QB will do - Turner will be huge in Tenn!

Edited by CaGamblers

Let's be honest about Henry. He's a bit of a fumbler. And he has had some injury/suspension issues. The guy has missed 14 games in the last 3 years. Losing him for "nothing" isn't that big a deal. Brown is an injury looking for a place to happen. No loss there. So now they have LenDale White, and if they trade for Turner, that's a pretty impressive 1-2 punch. What's everybodies problem with that?

:D at BroncoBilly acting like Henry is a major steal. . .

What was his weight in the famous National Championship game. So hes what 7 pounds more. Everyone act like he cant lose that weight. The NFL workout schedule can make anyone lose weight if they put the effort into it. But again he was at something like 256 in the National Championship game and was a beast then.

Lendale White is not strong enough to bowl over guys at this level. Tennessee wanted him well below 260 and he came nowhere close to it.

Remember, Ron Dayne was a beast in college too.

White has nothing.

Let's be honest about Henry. He's a bit of a fumbler. And he has had some injury/suspension issues. The guy has missed 14 games in the last 3 years. Losing him for "nothing" isn't that big a deal. Brown is an injury looking for a place to happen. No loss there. So now they have LenDale White, and if they trade for Turner, that's a pretty impressive 1-2 punch. What's everybodies problem with that?

not to mention, every free agent will be lost "for nothing". that's how free agency works. they didn't think he was worth what he has asking. I don't really follow the line of thinking that Tenn is now incredibly stupid for realizing they need another rb.

Lendale White is not strong enough to bowl over guys at this level. Tennessee wanted him well below 260 and he came nowhere close to it.

Remember, Ron Dayne was a beast in college too.

White has nothing.

yeah, but different styles. Even in college, Dayne wasn't a guy who looked for contact. He was just a big guy with nifty feet, which made him hard to tackle. In the pros, everybody is fast. He couldn't avoid contact, and he was not a bruiser. I think they are completely different backs.

Now obviously White has some issues with staying in shape, and that will seriously hurt his chances of ever starting. But I just don't see the comparison.

It would also make TEN look incredibly stupid to have let a proven featured RB go for nothing and then offer a 1st day pick - possibly a 1st rounder - for Turner, who has proven only that he's a very good backup for the best RB in the NFL.

People forget Henry was let go because of a $8.3 million roster bonus.

No team would have kept him for that coin.

The Titans didn't release him because they wanted to. They had to.

It wasn't a stupid move, it was the only move.

Tenn doesn't have a lot invested in White in the first place - He was a second round pick, so bringing in a guy like Turner makes sense. Turner would be the main man and White could spell him like he gave Henry a short break last season.

Turner is HUGE!

Edited by CaGamblers

yeah, but different styles. Even in college, Dayne wasn't a guy who looked for contact. He was just a big guy with nifty feet, which made him hard to tackle. In the pros, everybody is fast. He couldn't avoid contact, and he was not a bruiser. I think they are completely different backs.

Now obviously White has some issues with staying in shape, and that will seriously hurt his chances of ever starting. But I just don't see the comparison.

The comparison was strictly that they dominated at the college level, and didnt in the nfl.

Dayne was finesse, White wasnt.

Just trying to make a point that just because you were great at one level doesnt automatically translate at the next.

If they wanted him they could have resigned him and rework the bonus. They just didnt want him...

Looks like this is getting closer! I think Turner would be HUGE in that system. He is a real pinball but only moves in one direction... DOWNFIELD!

I would hate to see him go, great kid and awesome insurance for LT. I don't see how the Chargers could NOT take a one for him!

:D

If they wanted him they could have resigned him and rework the bonus. They just didnt want him...

5 year contract with $12 million in guarantees?

I wouldn't pay Henry that. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Turner hasnt proven anything to me. He reminds me of Rebuen Droughns the way he runs. But Drougns wasnt sh*t in Cle, while in Denver he looked unstoppable. Tenn is no better on the OL than CLE, I cant see any back with this skill set making much in TENN. Though VY has a way of making things happen, and could open things up for the running game, but this team has too many holes, to deal a 1 for Turner.

If Im Tenn, I bring in Dillon for 1 yr, White behind him, and draft a elusive 3rd down back in round 4.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Turner hasnt proven anything to me. He reminds me of Rebuen Droughns the way he runs. But Drougns wasnt sh*t in Cle, while in Denver he looked unstoppable. Tenn is no better on the OL than CLE, I cant see any back with this skill set making much in TENN. Though VY has a way of making things happen, and could open things up for the running game, but this team has too many holes, to deal a 1 for Turner.

If Im Tenn, I bring in Dillon for 1 yr, White behind him, and draft a elusive 3rd down back in round 4.

Have you actually watched film on Turner? He is nothing like Droughns...

Turner can fly.

I'm with you on this: Henry's next suspension is for how many games? At this point, the Titans want to rid their team of characters, and let's not forget that THenry wasn't suspended for having sex with a minor not a few years ago. Is that worth $8.3 mil to a team that still has pacman on it?

Nope. :D

At this point, the Titans want to rid their team of characters

Pac-Man, Haynesworth, Henry, and i'll go ahead and add White to the list.

He reported to camp last year out of shape, then spit on a teammate.

What a great gm they've had in the past.

At least they got it right in the first round last year.