[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

baked garlic

Cameltosis

Mrs Camel and I went out to eat recently and they had baked garlic in a creamy butter type sauce as an appetizer. You just take the clove out and throw it on a piece of bread and its delicious! Any of you cooker type folks have a recipe for such a delicacy? The sauce was great for bread dipping too.

Mrs Camel and I went out to eat recently and they had baked garlic in a creamy butter type sauce as an appetizer. You just take the clove out and throw it on a piece of bread and its delicious! Any of you cooker type folks have a recipe for such a delicacy? The sauce was great for bread dipping too.

I'll oven-roast some garlic and then toss it in a similar sauce. Great stuff....bad farts. :D

are you looking for roasted garlic, or a specific roasted garlic sauce?

They were whole cloves of garlic in a garlic butter sauce, my guess is there was some olive oil in the sauce as well, but it was quite creamy. It was served with toasted bread for eating the cloves and soaking up the sauce. I had something similar in a tapas resteraunt once, but it was a long time ago.

It's been a while since I have made it but, I would chop off the pointy end of the clove and put it chpped end up in tin foil covered with EVOO (look I can use it like I know what I am talking about) salt and pepper to taste with any other spice you might like.... Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes at 350-375. Make sure the little tin foil packet is wrapped up tight and check after 35 30 minutes. I suppose you could put some buttter in with it too..

WHOLE cloves of garlic? As in eating 5 or 6 or more of 'em? I feel sorry for your coworkers! That much garlic will reek right through the pores of your skin! Forget the breath issue! lol. The ex-wife loved shrimp scampi. If she orederd it, I had to also, or sleep on the couch. I mean, heck, they tell you to put garlic in dog food because it's a ntaural flea repellant. :D

It's been a while since I have made it but, I would chop off the pointy end of the clove and put it chpped end up in tin foil covered with EVOO (look I can use it like I know what I am talking about) salt and pepper to taste with any other spice you might like.... Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes at 350-375. Make sure the little tin foil packet is wrapped up tight and check after 35 30 minutes. I suppose you could put some buttter in with it too..

This is pretty much what I do.

WHOLE cloves of garlic? As in eating 5 or 6 or more of 'em? I feel sorry for your coworkers! That much garlic will reek right through the pores of your skin! Forget the breath issue! lol. The ex-wife loved shrimp scampi. If she orederd it, I had to also, or sleep on the couch. I mean, heck, they tell you to put garlic in dog food because it's a ntaural flea repellant. :D

yeah thats what I thought too when I first heard of it. But it really isnt that bad.

You can get single clove garlics. They are like tulip bulbs. I like to use these to make my roasted garlic.

cut the tops off, pour evoo over each, cover and bake for 40 minutes. I forget the temp....I just look it up in The Joy Of Cooking.

I will try the butter sauce thing, mixing the evoo from the bake with butter and perhaps some garlic powder and crushed red.

Normally I would just spread this on bread over butter, or sometimes I just drop the bulbs in a meat sauce. Mmmmmm....

That could be why I don't have fleas. :D

Note you fellas, NEVER feed your dog garlic for this purpose. Keeps of the fleas but the gas is a smell that I dont' think I have ever and never want to smell that again. I literally moved the dog and crate into the basement. Foul and pewtrid do not even begin to describe.

Note you fellas, NEVER feed your dog garlic for this purpose. Keeps of the fleas but the gas is a smell that I dont' think I have ever and never want to smell that again. I literally moved the dog and crate into the basement. Foul and pewtrid do not even begin to describe.

Good info here. :D

I made that mistake a few times.