[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Veterans Fund

muck

I'm not going to claim this idea as mine ... I heard it on Sirius NFL Radio today and I liked it. I hadn't seen it anywhere else, so I thought I'd post it here for your thoughts.

1) First day draft picks contribute 2% of their first years' compensation (including signing bonus, salary, etc) to the Veterans Fund.

2) Second day draft picks contribute 1% of their first years' compensation.

3) The NFL Veterans Fund is set aside to help provide for the needs of vets that have fallen on hard times and need help with basic life needs.

This would take the owners out of paying for it ... it would take the current players out for having to pay for it ... and would put the onus on the newbies who are able to make more in their first year than most older hard-up players ever made in their entire career.

I, for one, think it's a pretty decent idea.

You?

What seems to be a step in the right direction is the fact that most ofthe members of the players advisory committee seem to be pushing FOR something like this. :D

I'd make it 2% for all 1st day draft picks, 1% for all 2nd day draft picks and 1% for all new contracts signed, including bonus money.

Also, the salary cap is based on a set % of league money. Put like a 0.5% hit on that total money into this fund if none already exist.

I'd make it 2% for all 1st day draft picks, 1% for all 2nd day draft picks and 1% for all new contracts signed, including bonus money.

Also, the salary cap is based on a set % of league money. Put like a 0.5% hit on that total money into this fund if none already exist.

My question is how huddlers figured this out. And they cant. This should be done for what is being stated 1% or 2% great. Best of all make it tax deductible if need as charity I guess.

My question is how huddlers figured this out. And they cant. This should be done for what is being stated 1% or 2% great. Best of all make it tax deductible if need as charity I guess.

They can figure it out. They just can't agree to get it done. It will be too much back and forth banter between the owners and the NFLPA. If the current playes had any sense they would realize that this is investing in their very own future.