[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ginn disappoints yet again

Bronco Billy

From GBN:

April 11

(6:00 PM): Ginn works out early…

Ohio State WR Ted Ginn was supposed to have been on the field in Columbus tomorrow but moved up his workout to today. Ginn, who did not run at either the Combine or Ohio State’s original pro day back in March while he rehabbed a foot injury suffered in the Buckeyes’ loss to Florida in January’s BCS title game, reportedly ran okay at today’s workout, posting 40 times in the 4.40 range. That had to be a disappointment for Ginn, though, as he was hoping to go under 4.30, however, the sense of most observers was that he still didn’t look 100%. In fact, only ran the 40 and didn’t run any of the shuttle drills, which require stops and starts and hard changes of direction; Ginn also didn’t do either of the long or vertical jumps and stopped running routes after doing about 20. For the record, most NFL teams were in attendance, including three head coaches: Scott Linehan of St. Louis, Cincinnati’s Marvin Lewis and Miami’s Cam Cameron. Based on who showed up in Columbus, the Rams and Dolphins appeared to be the most interested as Miami head coach Cameron was accompanied by Dolphins’ GM Randy Mueller, while Rams VP for player personnel Tony Softli was in town along with coach Linehan. Ginn will hold a private workout for Washington next Monday.

:D

Is this guy ever going to get healthy from a simple sprain?

Is this guy ever going to get healthy from a simple sprain?

Beginning to wonder if maybe it isn't more than just a "simple sprain". Maybe the true injury is more long term and is being kept secret? If it is just a simple sprain then the guy has serious recovery issues.

Either that or he needs to stay away from the dance clubs and let it heal.

everybody knows he's not in shape and still recovering, but he still comes out and runs in the mid 4.3's.

len pasquarelli says this:

Although his stamina was less than ideal following months of rehabilitation for a sprained foot, Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. was still clocked in the 4.3s in the 40-yard sprint during a Wednesday workout for NFL scouts, a performance which likely strengthened his status as a top 15 selection in this month's draft.

Ginn, who was unable to work out at the NFL combine sessions at Indianapolis in February, and, thus, was viewed as a bit of a wild card in the first round, ran the 40 three times during Wednesday's campus audition. According to scouts present at the workout, Ginn's times were between 4.37-4.45 seconds.

Had he been healthy, Ginn hoped to challenge Deion Sanders' unofficial combine record in the 40-yard sprint, 4.29 seconds, but his injury precluded that. The Buckeyes' star recently has been running consistently in the 4.3s during training sessions, and his Wednesday times should have been more than satisfactory for scouts.

guess it all depends who you ask :D

I am not nearly as high on Ginn as I am several other wr's. I hope the Titans DONT draft him!

Overhyped punt returner.

Pacman replacement...

Edited by muck

Fragile special teams player. Nothing more.

You guys are nuts. Two words...Game Changer.

of course, either one of these could easily be true, no one really knows which. honestly i think the devin hester phenomenon will get this kid drafted in the mid teens, which is probably just a bit early.

If I were Teddy, I'd be pissed as hell at Hall for landing on his foot in a stupid TD celebration. You guys that think he's gonna be a bust, tsk tsk.

Becasue there's no precendent for WRs who have great straight line speed & not much else to their game being busts in the NFL, right?

I'm just impressed with his skills after watching him for 3 years and not just one game...and obviously a Homer's point of you

Homer's point of you

that's impressive...we can assume I meant view....

Edited by loaf

This guy is absolutely legit. I don't know how anyone could have seen him play a few times and then come up with the word "bust" to describe him.

Edited by Seahawks21

Becasue there's no precendent for WRs who have great straight line speed & not much else to their game being busts in the NFL, right?

if you watched him at all, you'd know his speed on the football field is FAR from just being "straight line speed". acceleration, initial burst, change of direction....the dude is just plain fast in ANY direction.

of course, either one of these could easily be true, no one really knows which. honestly i think the devin hester phenomenon will get this kid drafted in the mid teens, which is probably just a bit early.

I'd agree with this assessment - I don't see why he wouldn't be a PRODUCTIVE NFL player, I just don't see him as an OUTSTANDING one - from scrimmage at least.

As a return man, he looks like the type who can tilt the field big-time.

It boggles my mind how people say this guy is going to fall flat on his face. The guy will come into the league as one of the fastest people and he is very comparable to Devin Hester. Go to YouTube or something and search for Hester's highlight's from college and then Ginn's. You CANNOT tell me that they are that different. Ginn was a nationally ranked sprinter in high school. DMD made a great point in the rookie thread of how the NFL is become so specialized. There is no doubt a place in the league for Ted Ginn Jr. I don't think Ginn can come in and be a dominant No. 1 wide out but I think he can grow into that.

Nobody in this thread has given any concrete reason on why Ginn will bust. Please do so.

Edited by Goopster24

The real question we should be asking is if he is worth a 1st round selection. Taking him in the second round would be safer. He's got talent, sure, but this nagging injury has to make you wonder.

If Miami is considering taking him with their 1st rounder, I would be shocked.