[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ginn disappoints yet again

Bronco Billy

Nobody in this thread has given any concrete reason on why Ginn will. Please do so.

Well, from the PFW writeup (the negatives) - could struggle vs physical bump coverage and needs to learn to use his hands better as opposed to relying on natural ability; won't go across the middle; not physical; not sudden; not a polished route runner; could improve concentration and focus. Not to mention he doesn't have ideal #1 WR size (shade under 6 feet, 178 lbs)

Now, as Skilly said - none of those makes me think "bust" they just make me think that he's more of a 2nd round, MAYBE late 1st round, talent, which is nothing to be ashamed of in any way. I don't see him as a dominant WR. Again, RS is another matter entirely.

If a team is counting on him to make immediate impact at WR, they are barking up the wrong tree; but if a team is looking for an impact RS who can be the #3/#4 WR to start as the final piece of the puzzle, I think Ginn would do very well in that position.

I don't follow college ball much, but even if this guy is nothing but speed, I think he could have something in common with another Bear - Bernard Berrian. At least in the games I saw, Berrian just plain ran past the defenders to catch the ball that Grossman just heaved as far as he could.

Ginn may not ever be a Torry Holt, but if he can be a deep threat on every play he's lined up, there's definitely a place for that in the NFL.

of course, either one of these could easily be true, no one really knows which. honestly i think the devin hester phenomenon will get this kid drafted in the mid teens, which is probably just a bit early.

Good call:

"I saw it with my own eyes with (Chicago Bears returner) Devin Hester last year," Linehan said. "He changes games. (Ginn) is going to do the same things that Devin did. You have to game-plan around a guy like him."