[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Team Needs

muck

As shown tonight on the NFL channel, here is Mike Mayock's list of each team and their top four or five needs (shown in his order from left to right; meaning Mayock thinks that OAK needs a OG more than they need a TE). This is prolly a pretty good place to start for all us novice mock-drafters.

OAK

QB, OT, OG, TE, WR

DET

QB, OL, CB, DT, DE

CLE

QB, OL, DL, RB, CB

TB

DT, LB, DL, RB, CB

ARI

OT, LB, RB, DT

WAS

DE, DT, QB, LB, WR

MIN

WR, DE, QB, CB

HOU

OL, S, CB, DT, WR

MIA

OT, QB, DL, WR

ATL

S, WR, OT, DE, CB

SF

DE, WR, CB, S, LB

BUF

CB, LB, RB, TE

STL

DE, DT, CB, RB

CAR

OT, OG, LB, S, DE

PIT

LB, OL, LB, DL, WR

GB

RB, WR, TE, CB, S

JAX

S, OG, LB, DE, QB

CIN

DB, LB, OG, DE, TE

TEN

WR, CB, DE, RB, LB

NYG

LB, DB, OT, WR, DT

DEN

DE, S ,OL, LB

DAL

DB, DT, OL, QB, LB

KC

OT, OG, WR, DT, LB

SEA

TE, S, CB, OG, DT

NYJ

TE, CB, DT, OT, LB

PHI

S, CB, LB, WR, RB

NOR

CB, DT, TE, OL, WR

NE

S, C, OL, LB

BAL

OT, OG, CB, LB, QB

SD

S, WR, OL DL, RB

CHI

WR, DT, TE, S, LB

IND

DT, LB, WR, RB

SEA

TE, S, CB, OG, DT

S? They signed 2 free agents a month ago.

CB? They've drafted 2 in the 1st Round in the last 3 years.

They need a TE, an OG, and a DT, and not necessarily in that order.

He nailed Minnesota, IMO.

Yep. Many others say that we need a TE but this is obviously what we need. Although we could've needed a TE at the time that the other reports were printed, I'd still say it would rank below these needs.

I'd still add Head Coach as a need until proven otherwise. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Yep. Many others say that we need a TE but this is obviously what we need. Although we could've needed a TE at the time that the other reports were printed, I'd still say it would rank below these needs.

I'd still add Head Coach as a need until proven otherwise. :tup:

:doh::D:D:D:D

I'd still add Head Coach as a need until proven otherwise. :D

Kinda stole my thunder with this one but I felt that a new owner should've been on the list for several teams starting with the Raiders and SuperBowl contending Cowboys.

IND

DT, LB, WR, RB

I disagree that WR is a major need for the Colts right now, especially since Dallas Clark lines up in the slot in 3-WR sets. Moorehead is a decent #4. Hell, Terrance Wilkins could play WR in an emergency. They should draft a WR, but not until the 5th or 6th round.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Philly needs were addressed, though the inclusion of RB was a bit odd, seeing that Westbrook is only 28, and they have decent depth with Buck and Moats.

Rather than RB, he should have mentioned QB...yep, with McNabb 30'ish and injuries playing a factor almost every year, its time to start grooming a youngster for the future.

Kinda stole my thunder with this one but I felt that a new owner should've been on the list for several teams starting with the Raiders and SuperBowl contending Cowboys.

Jerry Jones is a great owner, if not the best... He just needs to learn to let other people make the g.m. decisions...

DEN

DE, S ,OL, LB

i agree with that, but i would add DT as an area the broncos could really use a nice young player or two. maybe WR or RB if the right value is there.

my preference in the first and second rounds would be for them to take the highest rated player at any defensive position besides cornerback.

I disagree that WR is a major need for the Colts right now, especially since Dallas Clark lines up in the slot in 3-WR sets. Moorehead is a decent #4. Hell, Terrance Wilkins could play WR in an emergency. They should draft a WR, but not until the 5th or 6th round.

FYI Moorehead and Wilkins are free agents that have not been re-signed. The Colts are paper thin at WR right now. . . two Pro Bowlers and then nothing. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Delete the "RB" and he's pretty much on it. Although all things being equal, I'd opt for an OT over a WR.

Why don't they need a RB? Addai has always been a "share-the-load" type RB. Rhodes an Mungro are gone. Dede Dorsey is the only other RB on the roster. While I think the Colts are happy with him, I do think they could use another back. . .

At OT they have Tarik Glenn, Ryan Diem, and Charlie Johnson (who filled in more than adequately for Diem for the majority of the Super Bowl).

WR is a much bigger need than either of those two positions. Harrison and Wayne are all they have right now.

Edited by CaptainHook