[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your best hangover cure...

sundaynfl

There were some mentions of best cure for a hangover in the breakfast thread.

My favorite is a Griffs Double Jalapeno burger w/cheese; home fries and white gravy. Griffs is a greasy spoon burger joint in Denver, the grease runs down your arm as you eat one of these! I always wash away my hangovers with a large pepsi over ice. It's to bad it's so far away from my house. :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, a screwdriver's not bad either. if it's a mild hangover where you still feel like eating, spicy food and/or coffee help clear the fog.

I find that the vitamin water "revive" works well for mild hangovers. I think it's the vitamin B and potassium.

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to eating for a hangover cure.

Bloody Mary seems to be the only true cure. Food is usually the last thing on my mind when I have a massive hangover.

True story:

Several years ago, my roommate and I went out and bought a bunch of wines that we'd been meaning to try. Then we sat down at around 2pm and started drinking. A few people came by from time to time and shared some of it with us, but the next thing you know, it was around 3am and there were 10 empty bottles sitting on the dining room table. It was very safe to say that each of us did at least 4 bottles to our head. Needless to say, the next morning was not a happy time.

I'd made a batch of menudo a few days earlier by chance and mentioned that it was supposedly a great hangover cure. Neither of us was in the mood to argue with anything that could help. Literally as we ate the bowls of stew, the pain was lifted and we were both able to open our eyes beyond a squint. We were both astonished and have never doubted the power of menudo.

yeah, a screwdriver's not bad either. if it's a mild hangover where you still feel like eating, spicy food and/or coffee help clear the fog.

:D

I find that the vitamin water "revive" works well for mild hangovers. I think it's the vitamin B and potassium.

I'm probably in the minority when it comes to eating for a hangover cure.

Revive is great stuff.

Don't get drunk. :D

/debbiedowner/ Wah wah /debbiedowner/

The acid in OJ makes it a bad choice imo. Beer and tomatoe juice along with some Alleve works pretty good. Sub voldka for a really bad one instead of beer. Vitamin B12 is a natural hangover preventer, which is why good home brewed beer doesn't cause hangovers as badly as mass brewed stuff.... the yeast that's still in the brew is loaded with B12.

What you're body is craving during a hangover is water and vitamin B. Some of those energy drinks are loaded with them. I personally like Sobe Adrenalin Rush. That and lots of water.

I am with the above- no food really cures a wicked hangover for me.

pound water, gatorade and emergency. Add vicodin, mimosa or blooody as needed

edit: always try and bangout the girlfriend or wife if you are able. FIghts off that too hungover to get some good sleep feeling.

For me, if it all possible- I am running, playing hoops or getting in a pool/lake/ocean at some point to sweat it out and get right.

For me, if it all possible- I am running, playing hoops or getting in a pool/lake/ocean at some point to sweat it out and get right.

I think you are much younger than most of us? Back in the day, I could still pull off the party til 4am/ wake up and ride 50 miles at 9am routine. That doesn't happen much anymore.