[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your best hangover cure...

sundaynfl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are much younger than most of us? Back in the day, I could still pull off the party til 4am/ wake up and ride 50 miles at 9am routine. That doesn't happen much anymore.

uh, negative. 35 Det- my days of rallying from a night out to playing ball or running are fading fast. :D

Just know how much better I will feel when done.......

amazing to me how the beach/ocean can clear your head as well

uh, negative. 35 Det- my days of rallying from a night out to playing ball or running are fading fast. :D

Just know how much better I will feel when done.......

amazing to me how the beach/ocean can clear your head as well

I can certainly second the ocean dive call. That saved me many times.

On the morning of the hangover, go to 7-11 or similar and purchase a big gulp cup full of ice and half full of mountain dew. Purchase a small bottle of gatorade (any flavor) and a package of "Goodies" headache powders. Add the gatorade and 2 envelopes of the headache powders to the cup of mountain dew and pound. If you keep it down, you will be feeling better in no time.

Depends on how bad the hangover is.......

- Level 1 - A good breakfast is usually the cure......Could be a ham 'n cheese omelette with mushrooms, accompanied by hashbrowns and sourdough toast. With coffee, of course.

- Level 2 - See above, but add a Marlboro Light. If I am at level 2, that means I probably smoked at least a pack the night before, and I need a smoke just to cure the nicotene withdrawal.

- Level 3 - Don't have the ability to stomach any food in the morning. I hate this part of the drinking cycle, as it sucks to wake up trying not to puke. Usually, in this case, I drop a couple of Alka Selzers in a glass with about 8 ounces of water, and down it like a shot. There has been a handfull of times that this technique has backfired, and I have vomited all over the place, but for the most part, this is the cure-all for severe hangovers.

Level 4 - Curl up in the fetal position, pray for the pain to stop, and beg for forgiveness. If all else fails, crawl outside, smoke a cigarette, and force myself to puke.

Thank god, as I get older, I find myself more in the 1-2 range than the 3-4. Back in college, I was 3-4 every damn weekend. By the way, I am half hammered right now..... Probably right around level two.

Cheers.

Back in college, I was 3-4 every damn weekend.

I'd say there were months at a time where Seattle Lawdawg and myself were like that everyday.

Our Junior 2nd semester and Senior year was brutal and I remember that my roommate actually formed a red mark right on his brow line from a glass mug constantly hitting that spot over the course of 4 months.

Ah yes, good times. :D

I had a roommate who was the biggest a-hole when he was hungover. It was almost like he wore it like a badge of honor, the more of a snivling little baby he was, the more he must have really gone for it the night before, so the bigger a bad-ass he must be.

Of course, we had none of it and routinely heckled him. That said, my other roommate and I were similar in the sense that regardless of how hard or late we went, we never tended to sleep past 9am or so and usually went for a bike ride or something when we got up.

It's pretty Veronica to play the "poor me" card at noon when your two roomies who were both downing shots right along side you at 2am just got back from a 30 mile ride.

I'd say there were months at a time where Seattle Lawdawg and myself were like that everyday.

Our Junior 2nd semester and Senior year was brutal and I remember that my roommate actually formed a red mark right on his brow line from a glass mug constantly hitting that spot over the course of 4 months.

Ah yes, good times. :D

Yeah, who am I kidding. It wasn't just the weekends. My roommate and I were like that about 5-6 nights a week usually. We used to keep track of who went to less classes for the week, and I remember (vaguely) there being plenty of weeks where one of us would go 1/15, 2/14, etc. It's amazing I graduated, considering how little I went to class. The roommate, on the other hand, flunked out. :D

What works best for me is ... not to get drunk anymore.

I never got hangovers until I stopped drinking heavily. When I do get a hangover I crave Gatoraide & a good breakfast. If I can't eat then I usually munch on saltines until my stomach settles.

I never got hangovers until I stopped drinking heavily. When I do get a hangover I crave Gatoraide & a good breakfast. If I can't eat then I usually munch on saltines until my stomach settles.

I can only remember one hangover where I couldn't eat the next morning. It was back in HS and I was staying at my friends house. His dad made pancakes that morning but they were running and undercooked. I almost :D right then and there. I suppose that doesn't really count since I can certainly blame that one on the pancakes.

My wife almost never gets really drunk as she (I'm sure this is rather common) has a ton more self control than I do. However, when she does, she gets completely ruined. Mix in a little controlled substances...IT IS OVER. If that went down on Friday, you can forget about the entire weekend.

Eat two bananas (slowly) and Gatorade. Take 800mg of Motrin afterwards and keep sipping on the gatorade through the morning.

Or know somebody in the medical field who can run a liter or two or saline via IV. I've always got some at home in case of emergency. IV fluid will fix a hangover in no time.

This is the only over the counter cure I've ever fond that tackles them all. Problem is, it's only in the UK or Ireland.

Each effervescent tablets contains the active ingredients Paracetamol Ph Eur 500mg, Codeine Phosphate Hemihydrate Ph Eur 8mg, Caffeine Ph Eur 30mg.

It's basically Alka Seltzer with 2 cups of coffee and a tylenol 3 or 4. I promise you, you drink the chalky stuff, lie down for 30 minutes. No only does it give you your legs back, but it >cough< pushes you into the bathroom for the necessary cleanse, then the caffeine gives you all the energy to get going, and you can bump into walls and not feel it from the codeine. :D

Hangover cured.

This is the only over the counter cure I've ever fond that tackles them all. Problem is, it's only in the UK or Ireland.

It's basically Alka Seltzer with 2 cups of coffee and a tylenol 3 or 4. I promise you, you drink the chalky stuff, lie down for 30 minutes. No only does it give you your legs back, but it >cough< pushes you into the bathroom for the necessary cleanse, then the caffeine gives you all the energy to get going, and you can bump into walls and not feel it from the codeine. :D

Hangover cured.

Screw the hangover..I'd try it just for what it does to you. :D