[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Donations to the United Way

The Wolf

Hey Huddlers --

We had a quite impassioned debate yesterday regarding Michael Vick's donation to the families affected by the Virginia Tech tragedy.

The United Way of Montgomery, Radford & Floyd (UWMRF) established the United in Caring Fund for Victims of the VA Tech Tragedy. This is the chapter that covers the Blacksburg area.

For all those who would care to make a donation, I've attached the link below. At the bottom of the page, click "Click & Pledge." Under the section titled "Gift to:" type the following: United in Caring Fund for Victims of the VA Tech.

Funds will provide assistance for funeral expenses, transportation for family members, and mental health services support, to name a few specific examples.

Those who wish to send a check rather than contribute online, please mail gifts to UWMRF, PO BOX 6202, Christiansburg, VA 24068. Clearly indicate that you wish your donation to go specifically to the United in Caring Fund for Victims of the VA Tech Tragedy.

http://www.unitedwaynrv.org/Details.asp?Co...CID=-1267001892

No pressure at all. Just wanted to provide the means of contributing for those who feel compelled to do so.

Best,

Robert (The Wolf)

Edited by The Wolf

Hey Huddlers --

We had a quite impassioned debate yesterday regarding Michael Vick's donation to the families affected by the Virginia Tech tragedy.

The United Way of Montgomery, Radford & Floyd (UWMRF) established the United in Caring Fund for Victims of the VA Tech Tragedy. This is the chapter that covers the Blacksburg area.

For all those who would care to make a donation, I've attached the link below. At the bottom of the page, click "Click & Pledge." Under the section titled "Gift to:" type the following: United in Caring Fund for Victims of the VA Tech.

Funds will provide assistance for funeral expenses, transportation for family members, and mental health services support, to name a few specific examples.

Those who wish to send a check rather than contribute online, please mail gifts to UWMRF, PO BOX 6202, Christiansburg, VA 24068. Clearly indicate that you wish your donation to go specifically to the United in Caring Fund for Victims of the VA Tech Tragedy.

http://www.unitedwaynrv.org/Details.asp?Co...CID=-1267001892

No pressure at all. Just wanted to provide the means of contributing for those who feel compelled to do so.

Best,

Robert (The Wolf)

Awesome idea.... I bet we can raise more then 10,000 just here. :D

Edited by peepinmofo

My prayers go to all those affected.

The reason for my post however, is to state that I will never give another dime to the United Way.

Once they lose the limos, Lear jets, corporate penthouses, etc, then maybe......maybe.....but I doubt it.

A big heart is a great thing and there surely aren't enough. However, when you ask for donations you really need to have done your homework.

My prayers go to all those affected.

The reason for my post however, is to state that I will never give another dime to the United Way.

Once they lose the limos, Lear jets, corporate penthouses, etc, then maybe......maybe.....but I doubt it.

A big heart is a great thing and there surely aren't enough. However, when you ask for donations you really need to have done your homework.

Exactly, you might as well give your money to Sears.

I believe this is the best option. 100% is given to those affected.

http://www.grandlodgeofvirginia.org/masonic_charity.htm