[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quarles Released by Tampa Bay

KFFL

Buccaneers | Quarles released

Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:09:02 -0700

The NFL Network reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers LB Shelton Quarles has been released from the team after failing his physical.

Barrett Ruud has his shot now. :D

Maybe June, Brooks, and Briggs. Seems Bucs are throwing their hat into the Briggs bidding and they have a shot at it. The talk is Briggs playing the middle for Tampa. Kinda good linebacking crew right there!!!

From Fantasy Mastermind

Bucs Acknowledge Interest in Briggs, But...

The Tampa Tribune reports LB Shelton Quarles' release will almost double the Bucs' available cap space, and that could be enough to bring in Bears LB Lance Briggs, whom GM Bruce Allen acknowledged having interest in Tuesday. For now, though, the Bucs' plan is to replace Quarles with LB Barrett Ruud, a player they drafted out of Nebraska two years ago specifically to take over for Quarles.

Time will tell. Also from Mastermind

Angelo: No Trade Talks for Briggs

AP reports Chicago Bears GM Jerry Angelo denied the team has been involved in trade talks regarding disgruntled LB Lance Briggs. "I've not heard anything official from anybody," Angelo said Wednesday at a news conference to discuss this weekend's NFL draft. Several reports claimed a handful of teams besides the Washington Redskins have talked to the Bears about trading for Briggs, who is guaranteed $7.2 million by the Bears this season as their franchise player. Briggs is not taking part in the team's voluntary conditioning program at Halas Hall. Although Angelo said he hasn't heard from the Redskins or another team in recent weeks, he said such talk usually heats up in the days preceding the draft. "Could it happen? It could happen," Angelo said. "But I can't sit here and put a percentage on it one way or another. I'm not in control of that."

From Fantasy Mastermind

Bucs Acknowledge Interest in Briggs, But...

The Tampa Tribune reports LB Shelton Quarles' release will almost double the Bucs' available cap space, and that could be enough to bring in Bears LB Lance Briggs, whom GM Bruce Allen acknowledged having interest in Tuesday. For now, though, the Bucs' plan is to replace Quarles with LB Barrett Ruud, a player they drafted out of Nebraska two years ago specifically to take over for Quarles.

Time will tell. Also from Mastermind

Angelo: No Trade Talks for Briggs

AP reports Chicago Bears GM Jerry Angelo denied the team has been involved in trade talks regarding disgruntled LB Lance Briggs. "I've not heard anything official from anybody," Angelo said Wednesday at a news conference to discuss this weekend's NFL draft. Several reports claimed a handful of teams besides the Washington Redskins have talked to the Bears about trading for Briggs, who is guaranteed $7.2 million by the Bears this season as their franchise player. Briggs is not taking part in the team's voluntary conditioning program at Halas Hall. Although Angelo said he hasn't heard from the Redskins or another team in recent weeks, he said such talk usually heats up in the days preceding the draft. "Could it happen? It could happen," Angelo said. "But I can't sit here and put a percentage on it one way or another. I'm not in control of that."

I heard Urlacher on the Dan Patrick show all but say that Briggs is not gonna play in Chicago...period. That he is one mad man. And that is the word around town. I don't know any Bears players personally, but my brother in law works with the brother of the coach of the Bears DB's and he says that Briggs is a goner come draft day. I hope the Bears sign him personally...being a homer and all...but if the guy doesn't want to play for ya....trade him and get soemthing serviceable. Leon Joe is a decent player.

Edited by TheShiznit