[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos make offer for Detroit's #2

kpholmes

Nicholas Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports the Denver Broncos have made two offers to the Detroit Lions involving the the second overall pick, according to the Denver Post. The first offer included LB Al Wilson and the Broncos' first-round pick. The second offer involved the Broncos' first-, second- and third-round picks in the 2007 NFL Draft, as well as their first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

:D

They must really want Calvin Johnson to be willing to give all of that up.

And the state the Lions are in, they would be morons not to take this.

So this is the Denver organization calling Al Davis' bluff on taking CJ.

But if Al knows the super-freak athlete will land in the hands of his arch-rivals... would that motivate him to take CJ for himself?

And what happens if they make this deal and CJ is off the board as a #1? Do they go Russel or Peterson?

Why Russel? Joe Thomas, Gains Adams or Laron Landry could be that pick, but I just don't see Oakland not taking a QB. Hell if I was Oakland I'd be offering them the #1 for all that.

Nicholas Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports the Denver Broncos have made two offers to the Detroit Lions involving the the second overall pick, according to the Denver Post. The first offer included LB Al Wilson and the Broncos' first-round pick. The second offer involved the Broncos' first-, second- and third-round picks in the 2007 NFL Draft, as well as their first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

:D

They must really want Calvin Johnson to be willing to give all of that up.

And the state the Lions are in, they would be morons not to take this.

So this is the Denver organization calling Al Davis' bluff on taking CJ.

But if Al knows the super-freak athlete will land in the hands of his arch-rivals... would that motivate him to take CJ for himself?

considering the broncos cut wilson how old is this info? and it is originating from DETROIT...maybe some sorta smoke to try and make TB pony up something :D

IF this rumour is true you better believe that Al Davis will take Calvin Johnson at #1. He wouldnt want his Raiders to face the "freak" twice a year...especially when facing the Broncos.

I can see Oakland snagging Calvin at #1 and POSSIBLY trading Calvin to Tampa for the #4 spot (and a couple extra picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd) if the Raiders really were more interested in Russell or Quinn than the wideout.

By doing this, the Raiders would keep Calvin out of the AFC West, land a QB at the #4 spot (Russell or Quinn) and gain a couple more 1st day draft picks in the process.

Personally, I think the Raiders will grab CJ at the #1 spot and keep him though...

Edited by Return Of S&B

Agreed. He is always willing to add talent to that backfield and has no problem going RBBC.

Knowing Shanahan, I can't imagine them trading up for AP. Not with his history and not with Henry on board. Would have to be a play for Johnson.

IF this rumour is true you better believe that Al Davis will take Calvin Johnson at #1. He wouldnt want his Raiders to face the "freak" twice a year...especially when facing the Broncos.

maybe the broncos are trying to bluff the demented old coot into passing on a franchise QB yet again, ensuring they remain in the divisional cellar for years to come :D

maybe the broncos are trying to bluff the demented old coot into passing on a franchise QB yet again, ensuring they remain in the divisional cellar for years to come :D

Somebody please update me again on how Leinart's and Cutler's performances lat year wre any better than <<Leaf is a VERY bad example-- insert your own rookie QB here>> first season? I must have missed the part where they destroyed Defenses league wide...

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad