[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos make offer for Detroit's #2

kpholmes

Somebody please update me again on how Leinart's and Cutler's performances lat year wre any better than Ryan Leaf's first season? I must have missed the part where they destroyed Defenses league wide...

:doh: i wish you, al, and andrew walter luck. :D

edit to add: nice edit :D ryan leaf's rookie season: 45% completion, 2 TDs, 15 INTs. :tup:

Edited by Azazello1313

Somebody please update me again on how Leinart's and Cutler's performances lat year wre any better than <<Leaf is a VERY bad example-- insert your own rookie QB here>> first season? I must have missed the part where they destroyed Defenses league wide...

Ummm....try this:

YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD INT RAT

Leaf 1998 SDG 111 245 45.3 1289 5.3 2 15 39.0

Leinart 2006 ARI 214 377 56.8 2547 6.76 11 12 74.0

Cutler 2006 DEN 81 137 59.1 1001 7.31 9 5 88.5

Edited by The Wolf

maybe the broncos are trying to bluff the demented old coot into passing on a franchise QB yet again, ensuring they remain in the divisional cellar for years to come :D

Actually snaggin Calvin at #1 would force Tampa to trade with Oakland (instead of Detroit) if they really wanted Calvin. Odds are Russell or Quinn would be available at the #4 spot anyway so the Raiders would still get their QB in this scenerio.

This would also allow the Raiders to reap some extra picks from the CJ sweepstakes instead of letting Detroit have all the fun.

well, whatever. i'll take a rookie QB who comes in midseason, throws for 60%, and 9 TDs to 5 INTs. you can take andrew walter.

Andrew Walter is going into his 3rd year, and if he plays, he will outplay those stats.

Walter was not the problem.

The line and the 7-step drop was.

Andrew Walter is going into his 3rd year, and if he plays, he will outplay those stats.

Walter was not the problem.

The line and the 7-step drop was.

U love A. Walter I see. His line was a problem. But man it really deals with him as well.

:D

Who made this crap up? Mortgage the entire draft this year & next year for a team that needs help badly on the D side of the field for a WR? Okay...

If DEN is going to move up - and I think they'll make a legitimate attempt to do so, it will most probably be for either Adams, Willis, or Landry, which means they'll be aiming for the #7/#8/#9/#10 slot - not the 1.02. That would also mean they would be trading their 2007 1st rounder & one of their 1007 3rd rounders to do it.

:D

Who made this crap up? Mortgage the entire draft this year & next year for a team that needs help badly on the D side of the field for a WR? Okay...

If DEN is going to move up - and I think they'll make a legitimate attempt to do so, it will most probably be for either Adams, Willis, or Landry, which means they'll be aiming for the #7/#8/#9/#10 slot - not the 1.02. That would also mean they would be trading their 2007 1st rounder & one of their 1007 3rd rounders to do it.

agree totally, those are exactly the players i envision them thinking about moving up for, possibly add jamal anderson or jarvis moss to the list as well.

Why not trade up to trade back down? Maybe they are talking to someone at 10 who wants to trade up to 2, but can't put the deal together. The Broncos always have late picks anyway... and don't we still have some picks coming to us in past trades?

Shanahan just might be showing some hustle. Moxie. Verve.

Edited by AtomicCEO