[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Search Warrant Issued for Michael Vicks house

keggerz

Well said! :D I never had a problem with Vick. Now I do. Simply put, he's an ass.

So where does this leave Vick? I know he did not live here but he must have known about the suspected drugs and apparent dog fighting ring going on at his property. Does he come out clean legally here or what? I don't think the Commish is real thrilled with this either...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where does this leave Vick? I know he did not live here but he must have known about the suspected drugs and apparent dog fighting ring going on at his property. Does he come out clean legally here or what? I don't think the Commish is real thrilled with this either...

where do you think all the money comes from? dog kennels, dogs themselves, etc... of course vick had knowledge of what is going on at his property. he is a POS.. i hope he snaps both of his knees this year so we dont have to watch him.

I've harvested my fair share of birds and game over the years, but people who abuse domestic pets are pathetic. Not to mention these people also have an inclination to devalue human life.

well, intuitively i want to agree with you, but when you think about it, how is killing wild animals for fun any different or better?

well, intuitively i want to agree with you, but when you think about it, how is killing wild animals for fun any different or better?

Killing wild animals (deer, fowl, rabbits, etc) just for the heck of it is not just wrong; it's a disrespectful. Killing those same animals with the intent of eating their meat is permissible by law (during the proper season) and in some areas, serves as a way to control over-population. It's the intent that can make the act of killing an animal acceptible or not.

Neglect of an animal, particularly domestic, is a pathetic use of ones existence. I am not a pet lover but don't need to be to know that this is incredibly wrong.

Killing wild animals (deer, fowl, rabbits, etc) just for the heck of it is not just wrong; it's a disrespectful. Killing those same animals with the intent of eating their meat is permissible by law (during the proper season) and in some areas, serves as a way to control over-population. It's the intent that can make the act of killing an animal acceptible or not.

well, i believe most hunters kill animals for the fun of it, not because they need the food. they may intend to eat them as sort of an extra benefit, but most sport hunters could get more meat a whole lot cheaper and with a lot less hassle (not to mention more humanely) if that was their primary motivation.

i think breeding animals for fighting to entertain humans is barbaric. i just don't see a really solid basis for morally differentiating that from killing wild animals for entertainment.

Well said! :D I never had a problem with Vick. Now I do. Simply put, he's an ass.

racist.

Really you're out on a limb now, cmon....

Actually he's perfect for Hampton Roads. He should become coach for Hampton High or something. Great role model for kids. wurd.

Hey....no WONDER he didn't donate more to Va Tech, he lost it betting on the emaciated dogs. I mean dawgs.

Look, I don't especially care for Vick. Don't have him on any of my Fantasy teams. But this is just a silly comment. Do you really think that someone with his money is going to know what is happening on every single piece of property he owns. Chances are pretty good that he pays some property manager to handle this. Heck, he might not have even known he owned this property until he read about it in the papers.

Not saying he's innocent, but all of you might want to wait a tad before you are ready to string him up.

SuperChiefs / John

Look, I don't especially care for Vick. Don't have him on any of my Fantasy teams. But this is just a silly comment. Do you really think that someone with his money is going to know what is happening on every single piece of property he owns. Chances are pretty good that he pays some property manager to handle this. Heck, he might not have even known he owned this property until he read about it in the papers.

Not saying he's innocent, but all of you might want to wait a tad before you are ready to string him up.

SuperChiefs / John

He has family living there and, "he might not have even known he owned this property until he read about it in the papers." Yeah...sure.

Vick pleads ignorance in dog-fight case By PAUL NEWBERRY, AP Sports Writer

40 minutes ago

ATLANTA - Michael Vick blamed family members for taking advantage of his generosity after a police raid found evidence of dog fighting at property he owns in Virginia.

An animal rights group scoffed at that explanation, saying it's long suspected the Atlanta Falcons quarterback was involved in the fight-to-the-death activity.

Embroiled in another embarrassing — and perhaps criminal — situation, Vick traveled to New York on Friday to take part in activities leading up to the NFL draft.

Appearing at a news conference to announce his participation in the NFL Quarterback Challenge, Vick described himself as an unwitting victim of relatives living on his property in Smithfield, Va.

"I'm never at the house," Vick said, according to ajc.com. "I left the house with my family members and my cousin. They just haven't been doing the right thing."

Police conducting a drug investigation raided the Vick-owned house and found dozens of dogs, some injured and emaciated. Investigators also discovered items associated with dog fighting.

Vick claimed he knew nothing about it.

"It's unfortunate I have to take the heat," he said. "If I'm not there, I don't know what's going on. It's a call for me to really tighten down on who I'm trying to take care of. When it all boils down, people will try to take advantage of you and leave you out to dry. Lesson learned for me."

John Goodwin, who handles dog-fighting issues for The Humane Society of America, was skeptical that Vick was unaware of such a large operation — especially when police were led to the property as part of a drug investigation after arresting the quarterback's 26-year-old cousin, Davon Boddie.

Goodwin said authorities found 66 dogs on the property, mostly pit bulls who appeared to be involved in organized fighting. He estimated it would cost up to $100 a day just to feed that number of animals, not to mention other hefty expenses.

"Who's paying to feed all those dogs?" Goodwin asked. "Who has the money to feed 66 pit bulls that's in some way, shape or form related to that property?"

He said The Humane Society has heard for several years that Vick was personally involved in the brutal, clandestine activity, which is banned nationwide and a felony in 48 states, including Virginia and Georgia. A conviction in Virginia carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $2,500 fine.

"We get a lot of calls, and people were always kind of kicking his name around," Goodwin said. "But it was always difficult to put together a complete case on the guy. The word is that he has multiple layers of protection. When the search warrant was executed and they found all the things they found, it really came as no surprise."

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said the team would not have a comment until it got more details on the investigation. Vick's attorney, Larry Woodward, did not return a telephone message seeking comment for the second day in a row.

"The search warrant was issued in a matter unrelated to the property owner, Mr. Michael Vick," Surry County Sheriff Harold D. Brown said.

Goodwin, who has worked with authorities on numerous dog-fighting cases, said he was told that officers also found bloody strips of carpeting, commonly used in dog-fighting pits, and "breaking sticks" — hammer-like devices used to pry open an animal's jaw after a fight.

The NFL said it is looking into the matter. Commissioner Roger Goodell has made it clear he intends to crack down on players involved in off-the-field misconduct.

Goodell might be swayed by a string of embarrassing incidents involving Vick, starting with a sordid lawsuit that accused him of knowingly infecting a woman with a sexually transmitted disease and using the alias "Ron Mexico" while seeking treatment. The case was settled out of court.

Last season, Vick flashed an obscene hand gesture to heckling Atlanta fans as he walked off the field following a loss. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and donated another $10,000 to charity.

In January, security officers at Miami International Airport seized a water bottle from Vick that they said smelled of Josh Gordon and had a hidden compartment. Authorities later said there were no drugs in the bottle, and Vick explained that he used the secret compartment to carry jewelry.

Just this week, Vick came under more criticism when he failed to show for a lobbying appearance on Capitol Hill in support of increased funding for after-school programs. He missed a connecting flight in Atlanta through no fault of his own, but didn't turn up for a later flight.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked Falcons owner Arthur Blank to suspend Vick pending the investigation and "to kick him off the team if it is found that dogs on Vick's property were neglected or used for fighting."

Goodwin said The Humane Society would take a similar stand if criminal charges were filed against Vick.

While the quarterback insisted he was not involved in dog fighting, he has shown an interest in breeding pit bulls.

In a 2001 profile by The Sporting News, he revealed having a pit bull that already had produced one litter and said he was trying to start a breeding kennel.

"There's more to me than people might think," he said at the time.

This guy is a total joke. Positively for Vick, at least his lawyer won't have to worry about convincing a jury he was ignorant...he appears to to have that handled all by himself.

And just where are all those VT/Vick defenders now, when it is obvious to almost anyone that he spends more of his dough breeding and training pit bulls than he does trying to mend his pathetic image by donating a paltry portion of his income to his alma mater?

Killing wild animals for sport, be it for food, for population control, or even for "fun" (as sick as I find that idea to be) is not the same as what the situation is here so long as the wild animals are killed humanely (which they generally are with hunting, I believe. I don't believe that to be the case with trapping). Dog fighting is extremely inhumane, and I say that people who perpetuate this act should be punished in the same way. They should all be kept in the same facility and should be forced to "dog fight" regularly between each other as a spectator sport in order to survive.

Edited by Crazysight

I don't think the Commish is real thrilled with this either...

It's time to see how serious the commish is about his new policy, suspending a corner & a backup reciever is one thing, but will he drop the hammer on a star? Remember that Pacman was never convicted of anything, so that is not a prerequisite...