[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boulettes

Sorry, a majority of the boils I've attended or done just have everything thrown into the mix then dumped out onto some newspaper.

Damn right....I'm headed to one Sunday.

I haven't done one myself in almost 2 years. I've been told I'll be doing a couple this summer. I can't complain.

I can't wait.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

Damn right....I'm headed to one Sunday.

I haven't done one myself in almost 2 years. I've been told I'll be doing a couple this summer. I can't complain.

I can't wait.

I may have to throw one together in the next few weeks.

I did a mini-boil about a month or 2 ago. Got my lobster pot out and did a boil for 2. :D

I may have to throw one together in the next few weeks.

I did a mini-boil about a month or 2 ago. Got my lobster pot out and did a boil for 2. :D

We're still out of season up here (yes, there's a crawfish season) but one of the cajun-creole restaurants is getting some in. I assume they're flying them up from the south. Northwest crawfish are quite a bit larger and different color so if I see them before they go into the pot, I'll be able to tell.

have not made these for some time.......... can play with misc variations, but here is a little base recipe.

Boulette.........."small balls" in French..............are simply meatballs made from cooked meat rather than fresh ground beef.

The boulettes can be served as you would cold meat loaf, with a salad like the cabbage salad on or a simple lettuce salad with a mustardy dressing (champagne, dijon vinagrette). They are excellent with a barbecue sauce and mashed potatoes, or with pasta or gnocchi and a tomato sauce. If made ahead of time, they can be reheated in the sauce.

3/4-pound leftover beef (boiled beef, pot roast, stew meat, or roast beef)

1/2 cup finely diced onions

1/4 cup finely diced celery

1 clove garlic, peeled, crushed, and chopped very fine

4 eggs

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

3 tablespoons flour

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

Vegetable oil for frying

Slice the meat and process it in a food processor until it is finely chopped. You should have about 2 1/2 to 3 cups. Combine it with the other ingredients.

Heat about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet. With your hands make patties with approximately 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture

(this recipe should yield approximately 18 patties). Pat them gently to flatten them a bit, and place them flat side down in the hot oil. Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side. (The oil can be strained and reused.)

Edited by Bier Meister

have not made these for some time.......... can play with misc variations, but here is a little base recipe.

Boulette.........."small balls" in French..............are simply meatballs made from cooked meat rather than fresh ground beef.

The boulettes can be served as you would cold meat loaf, with a salad like the cabbage salad on or a simple lettuce salad with a mustardy dressing (champagne, dijon vinagrette). They are excellent with a barbecue sauce and mashed potatoes, or with pasta or gnocchi and a tomato sauce. If made ahead of time, they can be reheated in the sauce.

3/4-pound leftover beef (boiled beef, pot roast, stew meat, or roast beef)

1/2 cup finely diced onions

1/4 cup finely diced celery

1 clove garlic, peeled, crushed, and chopped very fine

4 eggs

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme

3 tablespoons flour

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

Vegetable oil for frying

Slice the meat and process it in a food processor until it is finely chopped. You should have about 2 1/2 to 3 cups. Combine it with the other ingredients.

Heat about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet. With your hands make patties with approximately 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture

(this recipe should yield approximately 18 patties). Pat them gently to flatten them a bit, and place them flat side down in the hot oil. Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side. (The oil can be strained and reused.)

What kind of crawfish boil is this!!! :D

a traditional boulette recipe........ now, very easy to turn it into a crawfish, shrimp, clam, oyster boulette.

as far a doing a "boil," i have just dumped everything into a pot and let it go..... bier, water, seasonings, corn, potatoes, and whatever seafood you want to use

here's a crawfish-specific recipe that sounds pretty good from a site that rarely disappoints...

Boulettes ("little balls") are little breaded and fried balls of meat or seafood dressing, and make a scrumptious snack, appetizer or side dish. They may also be heated in brown roux-based or tomato gravy and served with rice.

1 pound crawfish tails, preferably with fat

1 onion, finely chopped

4 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped

6 green onions, chopped

1 cup bread crumbs

1-2 tablespoons Creole seasoning, or to taste

4 eggs, beaten separately (two and two)

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/4-1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste

Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Flour, cracker meal or corn meal for breading

Grind the crawfish tails together with the next four ingredients. Add the bread crumbs, Creole seasoning, two of the beaten eggs, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Shape into boulettes, dip into remaining beaten egg, roll in breading medium and fry in oil until golden brown.

the boulettes are going to be a side dish along with conch fritters an a cerviche salad (Florida gotta love it) the boil is going to be crawfish, potatoes, garlic gloves, onions, corn and artichokes and then thrown on top of newspaper.

Don't forget the chitlins. :D

sorry no chitlins or greens--there will be saltines--avery island's finest--horseyradish-different spices--keg of light and a keg of regular beer though--also a band or just a lonesome boy with a washboard and a pair of spoons :D

Just got back from a crawfish boil. The first batch was good but after that, they reverted to the NW way of boiling crawfish: throw them in boiling water with no spice. Nevertheless the Turbo Dog kegs were flowing and they did me in. Good night everybody.

Just got back from a crawfish boil. The first batch was good but after that, they reverted to the NW way of boiling crawfish: throw them in boiling water with no spice. Nevertheless the Turbo Dog kegs were flowing and they did me in. Good night everybody.

Isn't it 4:40 there your time right now? :D