[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top two RB's in this and last year's draft

seminoles

Which RB?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you choose?

• Reggie Bush
    • Adrian Peterson

What a great question. Very tough, but I would give the edge to Reggie Bush because of the different things he can do for your team. Teams have to gameplan around him whether he is returning kicks or punts, running the ball, or catching it. Very versatile. I am still A LITTLE scared of Peterson's injuries but not really at the same time.

The problem is knowing what we know now, and that is that Bush has not had to carry the load for the Saints. He did not show last season that he really was capable of running the football. Catching passes, absolutely. If I had a Deuce then Bush is the guy but in the absense of someone to run the football, I'd take AP.

Peterson.

Bush, even though he made an impact - especially in the 2nd half of the season - is still a CoP RB. He needs a masher running with him to do the dirty work between the tackles and take up workload.

Peterson doesn't require a RB to run with him, except for a few carries a game to reduce his workload to a reasonable, non-LJ level. Peterson showed in the OC trials that he can catch very well out of the backfield, even though OU didn't ask him to do that much.

I'll take the hoss over the part time guy every time, unless the part time guy is overwhelmingly more talented than the hoss. That isn't the case here.

True 30 carries a game running back i would go Peterson

:confused:

Larry Johnson just set the record for most carries in a season by a RB. His 416 carries is the most ever by any RB in the history of the NFL.

That's exactly 26 carries per game.

Where do these 30 carries per game notions come from?

If Peterson hits 22 carries per game for 16 games, he'd be at worst the 4th busiest RB in the league in any year over the past decade.

Larry Johnson just set the record for most carries in a season by a RB. His 416 carries is the most ever by any RB in the history of the NFL.

If Peterson hits 22 carries per game for 16 games, he'd be at worst the 4th busiest RB in the league in any year over the past decade.

LJ had 6 games with 30 or more carries. He had just under 30 carries in 4 other games. I interpret it as trying to find a back that is capable of a 30 carry game or a 200 yard game now and then is not to say that they need to avg 30 carries or 200 ypg. Although I'd sure take a RB that could carry 30 times or rush 200 yards per game in a heart beat and you probably would too. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

LJ had 6 games with 30 or more carries. He had just under 30 carries in 4 other games. I take it as trying to find a back that is capable of a 200 yard game is not to say that they need to avg 200 ypg. Although I'd sure take a RB that could carry 30 times or rush 200 yards per game in a heart beat and you probably would too. :D

Actually, I'd happily take a 23 carry a game RB...

:D

WOW, Sorry for the exaggeration!

I will rephrase, if you were looking for a ONE BACK offence, where the RB avg 20.2345 carries per game.

I respect your opinion, but how does Bush's hype last year relate to AD's running style and injuries this year?

Bush came into the draft as the #1 player of the draft and the was the "Calvin Johnson" of his draft while question marks to AD's injuries connected to his upright running style and the effects that could come forth with the bigger players in the NFL. Comprende?