[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've Got A Sickness

Menudo

Tomorrow will basically be a day of me sitting in front of TV for most of the day and evening waiting around for team's to select players to draft.

Most people would find this to be the equivalent of watching paint dry, but, I'm sitting here at work, anxiously awaiting going home, as my weekend plans out like this:

Tonight - Drink some beers, watch the Pirates, play Huddle Poker

Tomorrow - Drink some beers, watch the draft, watch the Pirates

Sunday - Drink some beers, watch the draft, flip back to the Pirates

Of course, I will take breaks and spend time with my 4-month old, and will have him down in the basement watching the draft with me some.

I can't wait. :D

It's the most tedious 2 days of television I can think of, and since the Seahawks already took Deion Branch with their pick, there's even less suspense for me than usual.

...and yet I am drawn to it, like a moth to a bug lite.

I've too have a sickness, but I've also got a wife. Wife trumps sickness.

I'll be tuning in whenever I can to get updates throughout the day. :D

last year i spent draft day driving around chicagoland with the wife (then fiance) meeting with wedding vendors and the like. i come out of the dam florist's to find out the broncos traded way up and drafted a friggin QB and oh by the way they also traded for javon walker. :tup:

so this year, i watch draft, she mow lawn. :D

Tomorrow will basically be a day of me sitting in front of TV for most of the day and evening waiting around for team's to select players to draft.

Most people would find this to be the equivalent of watching paint dry, but, I'm sitting here at work, anxiously awaiting going home, as my weekend plans out like this:

Tonight - Drink some beers, watch the Pirates, play Huddle Poker

Tomorrow - Drink some beers, watch the draft, watch the Pirates

Sunday - Drink some beers, watch the draft, flip back to the Pirates

Of course, I will take breaks and spend time with my 4-month old, and will have him down in the basement watching the draft with me some.

I can't wait. :D

I'll be doing the same. :tup:

It's posts like this, Menudo, that make me wish we all lived in the same neighborhood like old times. :D

Baby...it's what's fer dinner!

Baby...the other, other white meat!

I want my babybackbabybackbabyback...bayyyyybeeeee babyback ribs...

Fixed

I plan to both watch most of the draft and work out in my yard in beautiful sunny 70 degree weather all day. Tivo makes this possible...can watch for awhile, go out for awhile, come back and zip past commercials and any Merrill Hoge commentary. I plan on having around three six packs on ice before 10 AM out in the garage...wife is going to be gone most of the day, and the stepson has taken a real interest in pro football.

The only possible change to this is if I decide to get up a little early and play a round of golf pre-draft. Tough call, but one I like to have to make.

Cheers to all, and enjoy the big day(s).

As the turds in the HFA know, I'm stuck at home rehabbing a knee back from Microfracture surgery. So, I can't do lawn work or any other activity that requires me to be on my feet for a lengthy period of time. Or, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it... and the couch. Although, there may be some trips to the computer during this time to check in on the trash being talked in here. Lord knows, there is no actual draft insight discussed in here.

I know you live in Pittsburgh, but for gawd's sake get yer fat ass outside

You are such a pleasant individual. :D

It's draft weekend, I like watching the draft. However, thank you very much for your concern over my well-being.

Edited by Menudo

I am having my annual Poker/NFL draft party at my house. Lots of beer and pizza and poker and draft...

This is what I used to do, but, with the kid only being 4-months old, I'll have to do the solo thing this year. :D

Does anyone want to play some Huddle poker during the draft ????